Leash Law Liability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 65cuda
Sorry Big Mike but with those assumptions you are leaving yourself wide open in the case of anything happening. Children have a tendency to go even when the parents are trying to watch them. It is your responsibility to try to not make it easy for a child to enter your property if you have a danger there. Children don't read signs. People do get charged, but on the other hand in most states that comes with some boundries. It doesn't give a license to do something just because somebody goes on your property.

He did - he installed a fence and gates.

Quote:
We do not have a fenced in yard as we are currently renting, but have the dog on a leash every time she needs to go outside. We have posted multiple no trespassing, beware of dog signs in both the front and back yards.

He has no fence this is a big part of why he is concerned.

Yeah really I'm just concerned about the no fence part and she is getting better with kids. However, I've always been a believer in you treat a large breed like a large breed which means no matter how trust worthy they are you still need to err on the side of caution. Like if kids are in the house, even if the dog is good with them, don't let the dog out of your sight. Things like that.

The gate is to get stuff from the front yard to the back yard. Basically the gate, fence, is like this

---GATE---HOUSE-------

With no fence to cover the back. Just front and sides.

Last edited:
I volunteer at the local shelter and I have handled thousands of dogs.

I agree with the other poster, an aggressive Lab is uncommon. You would do well to contact a professional trainer and get your dog introduced to the "working mind" methods. Your dog wants you to be the pack leader.

Also, it is a very good idea to crate train your dog. That way you can keep him inside when you are not home and he won't destroy your house.

Nothing, but NOTHING holds up in court given a crooked enough lawyer so you might as well euthanize the dog, clean out your bank account(s), set your kids up in foster homes and turn yourself in for a prison sentence...

Animals are like having loaded guns with faulty trigger mechanisms... You're GUILTY!!!!!!

That piece of sarcasm being said, I DEARLY love my animals and would do anything to protect them so I say screw any idiot that does something to get hurt on my property IF they weren't invited there to begin with.

Problem is that you will be the one being screwed. You can wish all you want and do anything to protect them, but in the end the odds are that you will come out on the short end of the stick. Might want to lawyer up and find out for sure how to protect yourself and your dog before anything happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back