[Leaked] Windows 11 info

I'd be interested in finding out what is really new, besides the UI elements discussed in the article.

Well I'll be on my current laptop for another 2 years, so looks like MS has time to work out the bugs before I buy one with 11 on it.

How about MS being careful to check the range and size of all inputs, including null. Checking for memory leaks. Then detect and act on all exceptions. Yes all the checking will take longer. Do you like getting hacked.

I heard some time ago win10 was to be the last version youll buy outright. They were moving toward a M$ store and month to month subscription licensing based on features. Win10 and LTSC versions i use are rock solid.

Windows 10 is darned near perfect for my needs. It’s smarter and a lot less finicky than any preceding Windows OS. It also supports everything I use. I’m just your average Joe user, not a no-nothing and not a power user.

I just hope W11 doesn’t do to W10 what 8 did to 7.

No wonder Kaczynski went off the deep end about technology ... nobody can leave a good thing alone. :D Just when I was starting to like Win10 and still love Win7.

I'm glad I moved to Apple. When they issue an update, all the bugs have been worked out. Every time I updated Windows I had problems. They also like to change where things are. I've never had problems with any Apple update on phone, iPad or Mac.

Same here. The last few years I’ve moved away from….

Windows to Mac
Android to Apple
”Value” tires to Michelin
and finally…
General Motors to Toyota

For some dumb reason I was very reluctant to move off of all those brands, but now I’m kicking myself for not making the switch earlier.

I’m glad I’ve moved away from Windows as well. I have a much harder time trying to navigate it than I do the Apple devices. Currently I’m saving up to buy either a MacBook Pro or MacBook Air to replace my 6 year old Lenovo. And since they didn’t keep their promise with Windows 10 being the last then it is what it is. My computer won’t update past 10 I don’t think anyway because it’s too old. My parents can’t understand why I prefer Apple to Windows or Android and I told them once you try it you’ll never go back. I was so glad back in 2019 when I convinced them to let me get an iPhone instead of another Android and now I’m on my second iPhone and I’ll never go back to the other side ever again. They told me if I want any Apple products besides my phone then I have to buy them so that’s what I’m going to do. Everyone I know that’s switched to Apple has never went back. I don’t really like what I see with Windows 11 so I definitely won’t be going back either.

Back