Le Mans 2022

Did anybody watch the race? Caught the first two hours at the start and the last two hours this AM. Lots of exciting racing. Haven't looked at the finishing stats yet. Endurance racing must be a nightmare for the timing and scoring crew. Was a safe race.

Toyota hybrid vehicles have now won 5 years in a row. Toyota placed 1 and 2 today. I'm looking forward to buying a hybrid 4Runner someday.

Toyota hybrid vehicles have now won 5 years in a row. Toyota placed 1 and 2 today. I'm looking forward to buying a hybrid 4Runner someday.
Maybe someday they can win in a fair fight. They haven’t done it yet. Beating up on Rebellions and Alpines isn’t like battling the likes of Porsche, Audi, Peugeot or Mercedes is it? Not even close.

Watched about 5 hrs Saturday evening, went to bed around 1am and woke up at 7am to see the last couple hours. A great race!

Was sorry to see that both Corvette C8.R's got taken out. I think one had technical issues and the other got literally taken out by another driver.

TBH, I miss diesels being in the mix. The drama with the 92 Porsche RSR was interesting, and it was nice to see Aston Martin take 1st and 3rd in their class. I miss the older battles between the Ferraris, Porsches, Ford GTs and Corvettes in the GTE classes; ever since the hybrid prototypes, the best racing battles occur in GTE.

Next year is the 100th running of Le Mans, a good time to see in person. And the year after that there will be many more manufacturers in the prototype top class, giving Toyota a good run for their money.

Maybe someday they can win in a fair fight. They haven’t done it yet. Beating up on Rebellions and Alpines isn’t like battling the likes of Porsche, Audi, Peugeot or Mercedes is it? Not even close.
I'm interested in the technology Toyota can develop in terms of hybrid reliability, vehicle safety and bring it to the consumer market with competitive cost of ownership.

Last edited:
It will be very interesting to see how Toyota performs at the 2024 LeMans race in the top LMDh class where it will be competing against Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, BMW, Peugot, and Cadillac. Sadly, Audi has pulled out of future plans for LeMans, focusing instead on F1.

Back