LC20 in motorcycle (wet clutch applications)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if LC20 was recommended for this application and if it affects the clutch in a wet clutch application.

I think that for the next winter it would be beneficial to add the LC20 if it can be used.

Anybody have any experience?
LCD, I couldnt find anything on your FAQ regarding this and the search on here didnt help much.

If somebody wants to document there bikes experience with Cycle-Rx (www.cycle-rx.com) hopefully photos, e-mail me and test product will be free. Auto-Rx will pay for oil analysis.

I thought I recalled reading that LC20 was not recommended in wet clutch systems. I would wait to get confirmation from Jeff before using it in this application.

I have used both LC20 and Auto-RX and recommend both products (not at the same time).

i've got over 25k using lc & fp in a wet clutch application with different oils and have noticed no problems.

i use an initial dose of 1oz/qt and add 1oz every 1000 miles.

there may be some truth to the "don't use lc in a wet clutch" thing. my clutch went out a couple of weeks ago at 33k+ miles and i have to have all the friction plates replaced.

may or may not be the lc.

I am using Auto RX in my 2007 GSXR750 race bike. Maintenance dosage as the bike is pretty close to new. No problems with the wet, slipper clutch.

Through testing done previously LC20 proved safe for a wet clutch. Use 1 oz per quart.

i'm going to say with 100% certainty that lc20 was not the source of my problem, since it was the front pulley that failed, not the clutch.

of course, we didn't figure that out until the clutch was replaced and the bike still didn't go anywhere...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back