LC20 in DI gasser?

Is there a chance that LC20 might be beneficial in a DI gas engine? In an engine that has some oil consumption and a PCV system, I wonder if LC20 may help with hard carbon deposits on the intake valves.

There's nothing that will help with IVD unless the engine has dual injection like some Toyotas, Audi and VW in Europe.
If you start experiencing problems with rough cold start and idle, decreased acceleration, misfires or even check engine light coming on it's most likely due to IVD and time to clean them. Walnut shell blasting method is the best way to go.
The LC20 might be of some benefit if you have really badly sludged engine. It will help to soften, emulsify, disperse the carbon and hold it in suspension. I doubt you'll have that problem with today's motor oils and proper OCI.
I read some people use LC20 right before the oil change and drive some number of miles with it and change the oil. Is it really needed? I would say NO.
I do use their FP Plus gasoline additive @2oz per fill up as fuel system cleaner, lubricant of fuel pump and injectors.
It also suppose to scavenge moisture in fuel tank which then gets burned off during combustion.

Last edited:
Back