LC and adding every 1000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just put in my first batch of LC upon Terrys advice, have been using FP60 for awhile.

I was wondering I put in 2oz per qt of sump capacity, on an F350 that is 15qt capacity and I am going to add 2-3ozs every 1000 miles, if i keep adding LC am I going to have to drain oil??

I am thinking it will suspended insolubles and get trapped in the FF and bypass Filter but am not sure.

Anyone have any clue?

There is some chance the oil level will creap up a tad but I would think you will be changing filters often enough to stop the rise before it becomes an issue. Honestly what is a few ounces extra on top of that many quarts and the initial dose should replace some of the oil in the first place. On a long drain like you would be using I would expect at least a minimal amount of consumprion which would also offset any accumulation. One of the components is also going to evaporate off, I do not know how signifigant that will be but there is some.

it evaporates ..or burns off ..what ever you want to call it ..works itself into submission ..that is why you replenish.

If I remember correctly the origanal directions for LC were an 16-18 once flush for 30 minutes.Then 6 onces per quart for the initial fill and then 4 onces per 1000 miles! So as you can see the modified directions are much less!

Not all of it evaporates. The solvent like portion ofit evaporates but the lupricity parts of the formula remain. If it is the first time useing it you might experince increased consuption while it cleans everything up!

When was it 4 ounces per 1000 miles? They changed it to 1 oz. per qt. initial and 1-2 oz. per qt. every 1000 miles, but before that(midway 2004 and before), it was the following:

quote:

The recommended dosage is located on each bottle of product that you purchase; 2 oz. per quart of oil for the first 1,000 miles then 2-3oz. every 1,000 miles there after.

Just wondering, hen was it 6 oz. initial, and 4 oz. per 1000 miles. It just seems strange how now they recommend 4 oz. per quart to do the flush and they say not to drive it at all. It just seems to be inconsistent.
dunno.gif

I have my gallon bottle out in the pole barn I will go and read it tonight. I know it was not more then a 1 year ago. THe instructions on the old bottles had the origanal instruction from the 1950's printed on the side of the bottle. The treat rate most of you guys have been useing is what Terry Dyson came up with dureing his testing of the product for Oddis Beaver the gentelman that produces LC and FP!

It is not inconsistent at all. The product has been around since the 1950's but PCMO has changed a lot since then and so have the engines and fuels!People that tell you just to idle it are just useing caution. Most flush's are just solvents and if you try to drive with in the oil you could cause a lot of wear. LC is not a typical solvent type flush. You could just as easily driveing it for 15-30 minutes with no real issues. Rember LC also has lubricateing properitys wich all other flush's are lacking!!!

An the oils and engine materials change and we see more UOA trending form LC users you should expect the directions to change. on top of this you also can tune it to your specific application. Not every engine is going to need the exact same treatment rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back