Latest Fram Ultra Synthetic oil filter as of 2023 January - Is it still a good choice?

Last oil drop Canadian Tire was sold out of my customary Mobil 1 EP filters to go with the 10W-30 AFS that I've run forever.
I bought this under protest, is this considered good these days?
20220407_210958.jpg
20220407_121414.jpg

That was the first thing I noticed too. Twenty bucks for a Fram? Of course it’s Canada.

On a side note I saw a Purolator filter that fits the CX5 for $7.XX at Fred Meyer of all places. I might pick it up. It was a Purolator One.
That was Amazon man, just posted that pic for reference.
$16 where I live isn't a lot for a decent filter.

Yep. I never noticed them before.
Before I let go of the Corolla I'd used three of those I cut them even posted one or two of them on here. Seemed good to me no rips, no tears and no other errors! Got them when they first came out on Amazon $5 dollars and change at that time!

Last oil drop Canadian Tire was sold out of my customary Mobil 1 EP filters to go with the 10W-30 AFS that I've run forever.
I bought this under protest, is this considered good these days?View attachment 141206View attachment 141207
So just to bump this thread with regards to how today went. The Canadian Tire website showed there were still two of these left so I went up planning to buy both.

So when I get there there was actually three. All with beat up open boxes, one reeked of gas, the other had wrench marks on the "sure grip" area, and the other had a mismatched orange Fram stuffed inside. I know times are tough but that's some low rent degenerate dirt bag **** to save a few bucks.

I can't remember but are Fram Ultra's supposed to be sealed in plastic inside the box like the Mobil 1 EP's I usually buy?
If not I won't bother with Fram anymore. The plastic prevents tampering but also being sealed protects the gasket from drying out if you don't use it right away.

Rant over, I'll wait for the next clearance and see what's up there then.

I can't remember but are Fram Ultra's supposed to be sealed in plastic inside the box like the Mobil 1 EP's I usually buy?
If not I won't bother with Fram anymore. The plastic prevents tampering but also being sealed protects the gasket from drying out if you don't use it right away.
The Ultras are not sealed inside the box, but the box is suppose to have a clear tape seal on the flap.

Hope you pointed out those remaining 3 Ultra boxes out to the people running the store so nobody gets any of them.

Back