Last year AZ sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did last years big AZ sale have any warning or did it just appear and get crazy??
Can we hope for a repeat?

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
Did last years big AZ sale have any warning or did it just appear and get crazy??

I could care less and don't need the dopamine high. There were people here buying AZ sale oil and asking if it was okay to use in their vehicle.

Not unless they close out something else.. I got 55 qts in 3 different weights. But that only amounts to a few changes in my cars. 8qts in the Caddy and 6qts in the Ford.

Not in my neck of the woods.....if AZ has clearance items.....they are neatly hidden from the general customers. This happens all the time.....that's why I don't do business with AZ. They have clearance oil.....but not for customers.....only friends and relatives are allowed to make the purchase.

Why waste your time at AZ!

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Originally Posted By: Dallas69

I could care less and don't need the dopamine high. There were people here buying AZ sale oil and asking if it was okay to use in their vehicle.

BITOG is the only place where status is equated with how big your stash is.
laugh.gif
Hey...you buy more oil,so what if you can't use it in your car!

Last edited:
I used to stash oil, until I realized that I end up with weights I really don't want to use. I also don't like to mix brands together for a fresh oil change, and I like to buy and oil I want to try rather than use whatever I have.

The only time I will buy it is if it is super cheap and in a grade I will use. 5w20 or 5w30, some 10w30 if it is the good stuff. I still have a batch of the old super low noack ultra in 10w30. I never buy any 10w40 or 20w50 stuff, that's just silly for me as I have 0 applications I want to use that in and I have no desire to blend it with thinner oil.

I only go to AZ for sales.
If you can't use the oil that's on sale then don't buy it.
I don't mind mixing so for a buck a qt I can use almost anything.

Walmart is my stash. They seem to have more oil than I'll ever use at one time.

I have $1/qt Pennzoil 0w-20 and $1.9/qt Peak 10w-30. I'm good for the next oil change. Have a bit more random mismatches here. Probably can do two oil changes on each vehicle with what I have stashed.

One BITOG member has 400 quarts.....400 quarts. And he's not a professional mechanic or anything.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CKN
One BITOG member has 400 quarts.....400 quarts. And he's not a professional mechanic or anything.
I currently have 60 quarts. I once had 130 but that was because of oreillys clearance and coupons 2 years ago, got NextGen MaxLife for .33 a quart!

I once had a little over 100 qts but I am down to around 60. I stash when the price is right and its a grade I can use. Castrol synblend for a buck a qt for example. Mostly 5w30, a little 10w30.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got 195 qts and around 10 filters total.

I don't pay more then a buck a quart for oil and my filters are typically free or close to it.

I've made about $160 profit selling oil in the last two months and also bartered to get an aftermarket intake manifold for a project car for less then $25 bucks out of my pocket.

My stash is a tool. I'll use it or sell it for a profit.

It happened the last 2 years in December and it wasn't just close out oils, I think it will happen again at the end of the year.

Originally Posted By: laserred96gt
It happened the last 2 years in December and it wasn't just close out oils, I think it will happen again at the end of the year.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to use up last year's stash build from that sale. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't sneak in a few extra 5 quart jugs if the wife didn't happen to be watching. Assuming they have some good stuff on sale of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back