Last time you purchased new vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last July we bought the '17 Forester, the sixth new car we'd bought over a little more than thirty years.
Have owned these along with a number of used cars, I've found the nonsense about used always being the better economic choice to be absurd.
Unless you find something special used, new is the way to go.
For commodity cars and trucks, used makes little economic sense.
Buy the car new and enjoy the best 100K of its life with no repairs and no reliability concerns.

1998 Malibu worst mistake I ever made. No thanks to GM for all the lies regarding Dexcool and plastic gaskets, and the out of court settlement for pennies on the dollar.

2007 Magnum R/T in January 2008. Stupidest thing I have ever done in my life.

Last used vehicle was last December, my Sportster.

Last edited:
Mazdaspeed 3- July 2007; I kept it for 8 years and 158k miles. And I will probably buy another new car in the next couple of weeks- a 2017 Wrangler JK Winter Edition.

July 2015: purchased the wife's vehicle (Journey Crossroads) sight unseen from a dealer south of Cincy. It just turned 71K miles.

Before that, it was my '14 Dodge Durango in June of 2014. It is currently at 102,000 miles.

Both cars will be here until they roll over and die.

2016 Golf sportwagen almost 3 years ago, no used models avail and certainly no 5 speed manual models. had to buy two states away!

Late 2009....My wifes Corolla.
Late 2006....My 2500HD, Been sitting on the lot for months because it was special ordered & refused, It didn't sell because it's a loaded 2wd & everyone wanted a 4x4......$34,xxx cash out the door!!

2011—My wife's Highlander, now w/138K miles.
1998—Her Isuzu Oasis (rebadged Honda Odyssey) that the Highlander replaced after 265K miles
1995—My Dodge Dakota, that I still have and drive regularly w/227K miles

Originally Posted by fdcg27
Last July we bought the '17 Forester, the sixth new car we'd bought over a little more than thirty years.
Have owned these along with a number of used cars, I've found the nonsense about used always being the better economic choice to be absurd.
Unless you find something special used, new is the way to go.
For commodity cars and trucks, used makes little economic sense.
Buy the car new and enjoy the best 100K of its life with no repairs and no reliability concerns.

Maybe you're just not doing it right.

Last time I bought a new car, it was 16k, 1995 Ford Contour. Only lasted me 8 years before it fell apart and I got rid of it with less than 100k. Got a used 2001 Ford Taurus to replace it, that only cost 10k when it was 3 years old although it was 25k new. Drove that one for 12 years and put about 200k on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back