Land Cruiser got some new blood!

New to the group, thought I would post my Land Cruiser getting its new blood!

Attachments

• 0AEAFDF6-415A-4CB8-AE78-B33684DCA5A2.jpeg
    0AEAFDF6-415A-4CB8-AE78-B33684DCA5A2.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 273
Here you go
8C2B080D-D05D-4464-8F8B-59AEBB939C56.jpeg

Let is know how you like it. What was the rational for Euro 5w-30?
will do!

I had an 08 Tundra and it has 470k on it right now, friend bought it, all I ever ran in it was 5w30 Mobil fully synthetic then I switched to EP about five years ago. The owner still uses Mobil 5w30 in it since it’s gone this long. He has it as a farm truck.

I Use 5w30 because I tow my boat a lot.

Land cruiser is a 21 and I have only about 7k on it right now. I don’t drive it much but when I do I tow my boat, so I was looking for a oil to change once a year Instead of every six months since I don’t drive it that much, so I decided to give this a try.

Here you goView attachment 141658

will do!

I had an 08 Tundra and it has 470k on it right now, friend bought it, all I ever ran in it was 5w30 Mobil fully synthetic then I switched to EP about five years ago. The owner still uses Mobil 5w30 in it since it’s gone this long. He has it as a farm truck.

I Use 5w30 because I tow my boat a lot.

Land cruiser is a 21 and I have only about 7k on it right now. I don’t drive it much but when I do I tow my boat, so I was looking for a oil to change once a year Instead of every six months since I don’t drive it that much, so I decided to give this a try.
Nice Land Cruiser!!!👍

What was the rational for Euro 5w-30?
Euro No VII 5W30 is actually close to a 40wt from a protection standpoint. Its HT/HS is actually higher than M1's ESP Formula 0W-40! Perhaps the OP wanted a very shear-stable 30/40wt oil?

Euro No VII 5W30 is actually close to a 40wt from a protection standpoint. Its HT/HS is actually higher than M1's ESP Formula 0W-40! Perhaps the OP wanted a very shear-stable 30/40wt oil?
It ain’t going to hurt a thing, these Toyota engines can handle it no problem.

When I was stationed in Bahrain we would go to Dubai a lot and those guys there, run 10w30 even 40 in the Land cruisers over there.

Not sure why but I've always thought these were awesome even though I've only seen a handful in the wild during my lifetime. I understand why they stopped selling them here but the LX doesn't do the something for me as the LC.

Last edited:
Thinking about running the 5w-30 PCMO no VII in my `18 4Runner, when my Amsoil 0w-30 is used up.

or maybe the 5w-30 or 0w-30 Premium Plus Passenger Car oil. Seems expensive, but that is what makes it more exciting to run!

or maybe the Super Car oil, but the 4Runner isn't a super car. Just a slow SUV.

Last edited:
Not sure why but I've always thought these were awesome even though I've only seen a handful in the wild during my lifetime. I understand why they stopped selling them here but the LX doesn't do the something for me as the LC.
Agreed, the LC looks much tougher.

Been thinking about switching to once a year changes for my 2022 Tacoma, but I have always done 5k OCIs.

What filter are you running? How many miles per year?

Been thinking about switching to once a year changes for my 2022 Tacoma, but I have always done 5k OCIs.

What filter are you running? How many miles per year?
I have only been averaging 2500 miles a year. I have been changing it every six months. I’m going to change this in six months and get the oil looked at before I stretch it out any further. I’m sure it will go a year easily, that’s what I’m hoping. I drive my wife’s older 4 runner when it’s raining and in the winter when they throw salt out.

Sorry forgot about filter. I always sun the OEM filter.

I change the oil n both 4 runners every 5k with Mobil 1 EP 5w30

I change the oil in my Pete every 10k. Been running mystic 15w40 in it but might try HPL oil in it.

Last edited:
Back