Lamborghini Block Heating Expands Crank Clearances So Much That A 50 Weight Oil Is Required

@AEHaas

Sir, I would like to help you out proving all these guys wrong about your experiments with 20 grade oils. All these tribologists, mechanical engineers, mechanics don't know anything. YOU, sir.....you are the doctor, prove them wrong.

We do this as a BITOG experiment, we film it, we post it. We will title it "Why Bitog is wrong and why the doctor is right"

Still with me??? Good.

I'll grab my filming gear.....I don't have any.....I'll buy some. This is how committed I am to helping you prove them wrong.

We will film you draining that Ferrari of yours of oil, then filling it with 20 grade. Then you toss me the keys....or the fob....or however you fire that thing up. And I drive it in a matter that.....well, not like you would.

If it makes it on a tow truck.....not my fault. But, we tried.

If it makes it back under its own power and we drain the oil and it doesn't look like a turbo ej with a rod knock.....YOU CAN BE A LEGEND!!!

Man, just because he's a doctor does not mean he's an expert in every other field. It means he's an expert in his. He can afford to try things and pawn his opinion on internet message boards about his "experiments ", however skewed they may be to reflect and validate his opinion.

I don't care about his degree, he actually got his "doctor" behind owned by a few experts in this field.

"Don't let schooling get in the way of your education "
You're expanding the scope of my comment. I made it clear in my post that he has the money to experiment with thin oils. I don't.

But since you mention it; with respect to his education, more power to him. It's too bad more people don't get meaningful, high income earning degrees rather than the useless degrees some people choose so they can get a barista job at Starbucks.

Scott

PS From his website. I'm glad we have people educated to do things like this.

Screen Shot 2022-12-04 at 11.01.37 AM.jpeg

You're really going here?

What does Donovan say?

Read the words for us.

As a guy with a different lamborghini designed block ( thats a gen3 viper marinized and built by ILMOR in my avatar) Ill stick by the reality that in terms of dollar per HP with minimal problems the Chevy GM form factor cannot be beat.
You can make them ridiculously huge and there are more aftermarket parts available for this form factor than any other.

View attachment 129280
Yes sir, I did go there. Going "there" proved just how weak your argument was. Sorry.

Lol....what does Donovan say?? Read it. Even they put "small block chevy" in what??? Quotes.

Congratulations on your Viper. I fail to see how that adds any validity to your comments, but bad axx ride.

No, the SBC is not the standard anymore, sir. It has long been surpassed by the LS/LT and the Modular Ford/Coyote in both HP potential and reliability.

Only reason the SBC hangs in there, barely is it's longevity. Same as the SBF. What I mean when I say longevity is production years. Aftermarket has caught up with the Mod/Coyote/LS/LT camp. Even with the years of aftermarket support the sbc/sbf/SBanything does not stand a chance vs the current crop in reliability, power, price point.

If your fabled SBC was so good, Nascar would have still ran it. They moved on to the SB2 design which has more in common with a SBF than a SBC and other stuff. Then they moved on again. Still pushrod, but absolutely nothing else in common.

Sorry.....you still have a nice ride.

You're expanding the scope of my comment. I made it clear in my post that he has the money to experiment with thin oils. I don't.

But since you mention it; with respect to his education, more power to him. It's too bad more people don't get meaningful, high income earning degrees rather than the useless degrees some people choose so they can get a barista job at Starbucks.

Scott

PS From his website. I'm glad we have people educated to do things like this.

View attachment 129288
No doubt talented in his field. Seems that the guy is a God at his craft. I would definitely pick him in that field and we are blessed to have talented people like him in that field.....just in case . In the field that this message board is based on, I'd stay clear.

As far as your Starsucks comment......never went.

Yes sir, I did go there. Going "there" proved just how weak your argument was. Sorry.

Lol....what does Donovan say?? Read it. Even they put "small block chevy" in what??? Quotes.

Congratulations on your Viper. I fail to see how that adds any validity to your comments, but bad axx ride.

No, the SBC is not the standard anymore, sir. It has long been surpassed by the LS/LT and the Modular Ford/Coyote in both HP potential and reliability.

Only reason the SBC hangs in there, barely is it's longevity. Same as the SBF. What I mean when I say longevity is production years. Aftermarket has caught up with the Mod/Coyote/LS/LT camp. Even with the years of aftermarket support the sbc/sbf/SBanything does not stand a chance vs the current crop in reliability, power, price point.

If your fabled SBC was so good, Nascar would have still ran it. They moved on to the SB2 design which has more in common with a SBF than a SBC and other stuff. Then they moved on again. Still pushrod, but absolutely nothing else in common.

Sorry.....you still have a nice ride.

Your claim - "Ain't nothing "chevy" about a Donovan block or any parts installed into one. Please stop it." - was ridiculous.

Donovan themselves call it a chevy style small block.

let's address this before you start dancing around saying other things.

I never said the old school small block was "the standard". I said you could get big HP out of the chevy form factor without the attendant expansion issues this Lamborghini design has. I cited donovan as just one example.

The viper motor being a choice I made that the time which would have been better suited to a BBC chevy form factor in the long run.

Back to the Lambo block.

IMHO, the bigger problem with that block will not be bearing clearance as a whole....it will be if the bearing remains round on both halves. That two piece design, block and girdle is great for rigidity, but on a block showing that much growth, I'd be worried about equal growth between the two halves and which half will have the most growth. Will that bearing remain round and in place???

I can tell you I've seen 1 thou difference between the girdle and the block when it comes to bearings in a cast iron block and girdle. That is pretty big. In a block that more than doubles its clearance????? You better cash me oussside with another block.....howboutdat!!!

In the past I have given details of my driving and ownership experiences, only to have it refuted. If I had a nickel for every person who tells the world how and where I drive who knows nothing about me.

I will continue to post data as I accumulate it for those who wish to see it.

Ali

Your claim - "Ain't nothing "chevy" about a Donovan block or any parts installed into one. Please stop it." - was ridiculous.

Donovan themselves call it a chevy style small block.

let's address this before you start dancing around saying other things.

I never said the old school small block was "the standard". I said you could get big HP out of the chevy form factor without the attendant expansion issues this Lamborghini design has. I cited donovan as just one example.

The viper motor being a choice I made that the time which would have been better suited to a BBC chevy form factor in the long run.
Sir, even Donovan puts it on quotes. We are not going to agree on this. Let's leave it alone and part as friends.

I do agree, Donovan does not have the same issues. But it's Donovan. They've been doing it longer than I've competed with a million of my brothers to be the fastest swimmer. Experience speaks masses for Donovan.

Also, Donovan deals with v8. This is a Lamborghini v10. More mass, more expansion.....and they're not Donovan.

That's what I'm saying. Do this with a third party....me. I'll even buy the gear to film it and prove it. I am that committed.

You change to the 20, I'll film it, I'll drive that Ferrari, we post it.

Help me

Help me

HELP ME HELP YOU!!!!!!

Back