Kreen in 3.0L Camry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
^Sounds like he has a lot in stock already...

By the way, long time!!! Hey...HEY! :wave:

grin2.gif

cheers3.gif
howdy!

um ill throw a different one out there. I am definitely going to try the kreen......but I have had good luck in the past using the Lubegard engine flush.... Its a flush you put in at the end of the oci right before changing. It is easy to obtain and about 9 bucks amazon has it... they even have a engine kit lubegard flush and oil additive read on here about lubegard highly regarded I have used many of there products with success. The flush isn't a solvent flush like the others it does seem to work, at least in what I have used it in it has.....

^Yes, the flush is supposedly a dosing of detergent, perhaps esters since that is their thing???

I haven't gotten to try their 2 engine oil additives(the extend oil life or the flush), but I will eventually.

Have yet to use Kreen in the old Civic, but hope to.

repost from Kreen update:

Well, I changed out the oil and the 2nd dose of Kreen today after having it in my sump for almost 1.3K miles. For this second dose, I had added 12 ounces to the gas in the beginning of the run and 16 ounces in the sump. Total miles on the oil and Kreen is just over 5K.

The oil came out pretty clean for the 2nd run which leads me to believe that the 1st dose got all, if not most, of any build up in the engine. IMO...the second dose was really not necessary.

Most of my driving here in Orlando consisted short trips and day trips to South Florida, Tampa, Daytona and Jacksonville Beach, Florida.

I'm quite please with the condition of the oil and the filter after using this Kreen motor tonic and my T4R is running smooth and quiet. I refilled the sump with 3 quarts of Mobil Delvac Super Diesel Dino, 15w-40 and
3 quarts of Mobil Super Synthetic 0w-20. This blended mix for a synthetic blend should get me going and hopefully last till the summer and maybe longer. I replaced my oil filter with an over-sized Bosch D+ for this current run.

Anyway...there you have it. My 2 treatments of Kreen motor tonic and I'm ready to roll. Judging from how clean my oil and filter were when changed, I feel confident that the inside of my engine is spotless and any varnish stains were removed with the second dose of Kreen.

I also changed out my Fuel Filter and bracket which needed a change in a bad way after 50K of driving. Between the Kreen and the new Fuel filter it feels like I picked up 25 hp with this service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back