Kohler Courage 20hp v-twin

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello fellow oil guy`s.I have a CC LT-1045 with the [censored] Kohler Courage v-twin motor.I am currently using GC 0W-30 and it seems to be working good in it.I also use it to plow snow(what little we get here anymore)any way,do you guy`s think this is a good call for this engine??

Last edited:
I think GC is great for small engines - thick, low valatility oil with a storng anti-wear and detergent/dispersant paCKAGE...

Well then,I will continue to use it.I need to make this toned down Kohler last a while.Of course I didnt know anything about this new motor untill AFTER I bought the mower!!
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: lexus114
I didnt know anything about this new motor untill AFTER I bought the mower!!
smirk2.gif

Why? What's your concern? The Courage series V-twin is basically identical to a Command series twin. The only difference is in air cleaner housings and some general shrouding. The hard parts are the same. Courage series single cylinder engines are a bit different with respect to crank case design and valvetrain, but still a good engine.

Joel

Originally Posted By: JTK
I didnt know anything about this new motor untill AFTER I bought the mower!!
smirk2.gif

Why? What's your concern? The Courage series V-twin is basically identical to a Command series twin. The only difference is in air cleaner housings and some general shrouding. The hard parts are the same. Courage series single cylinder engines are a bit different with respect to crank case design and valvetrain, but still a good engine.

Joel

Plus the command has hydrolic lifters. I`ll be honest with you,I have not heard any positive remarks re;this engine.I will say it has been good so far @ 70 plus hours and strong pulling engine,but it`s not rated for longevity.Also what I didn`t realize at the time is if I would have gone with the LT-1046,I would have gotten the command engine.

Last edited:
..Plus the command has hydrolic lifters...

Uhh.. so does your "Courage" series V-twin. Again, same hard-parts as a Command series twin. You might not see this in certain literature about the Courage twins, but they're there just like any Kohler V-twin.

Courage:
jaa02369

Joel

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back