Kobalt vs Autozone Duralast Ratchet Wrenches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Leo99
I assumed the OP is talking about ratchet(ing) wrenches as stated in the title. Not ratchets.

He is, but a couple of guys misunderstood because the OP didn't put ratchet-ing in the thread title.

Apparently, your brain functions on such a high level that it automatically inserts the -ing for you.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I assumed the OP is talking about ratchet(ing) wrenches as stated in the title. Not ratchets.

He is, but a couple of guys misunderstood because the OP didn't put ratchet-ing in the thread title.

Apparently, your brain functions on such a high level that it automatically inserts the -ing for you.
grin2.gif

Yes, a very high level. Plus, I have a AZ ratchet with flex head so I had another clue it was ratcheting wrenches plus I just bought a set of them from HF and plan to use them this weekend.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

grin2.gif

Sorry, I did not appreciate the diff between ratchet and ratcheting. Yes, I was asking about flex head ratcheting wrenches.

Last edited:
Personally, if you can find Made in Taiwan Gearwrench, those are the gold standard for reasonably priced ratcheting wrenches. It *is* getting difficult to find them in stock as the production has been moved to China but you may get lucky and end up with old stock.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Personally, if you can find Made in Taiwan Gearwrench, those are the gold standard for reasonably priced ratcheting wrenches. It *is* getting difficult to find them in stock as the production has been moved to China but you may get lucky and end up with old stock.

I bought the Kobalt. They are made in Taiwan and have the feel and look of a high quality tool. I will most likely use them only a couple times so they will be fine. Thanks for your help.

They might be re-branded GearWrench.

Keep an eye on Advance Auto, Sears and True Value store sales. When they have sale on GearWrench, you can get some great deals. Before picking up, you can verify the quality and where they are made. I have picked few sets like that quite cheap.

Couple years ago I got this indexing gem at incredible price. It is hefty and very well built.

25662261931_4dfb7f8f24_c.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back