Knife for a gift?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for some knife suggestions. This is a gift I will be asking from my parents. They are getting older and would like something from them that will last and I love knives. I currently have several Spydercos which is my favorite brand. I am not looking for something in particular other than kind of special. I do not want to ask for anything more than $250. I will not be using this knife much either. A folder or a fixed blade is fine. Can be tactical or survival. I prefer more exoctic metals....I have a Spydero with the SV110 steel. I would like some CM-4 or some CM-20v.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
You want a functional knife or an artsy knife? Maybe there's a local knife maker in your area that could make something one of a kind for you.

Originally Posted by Leo99
You want a functional knife or an artsy knife? Maybe there's a local knife maker in your area that could make something one of a kind for you.

Interesting Idea....I definitely want functional. The only knife maker around here I know would be a lot more than 250.

Originally Posted by mcrn
Originally Posted by Leo99

Interesting Idea....I definitely want functional. The only knife maker around here I know would be a lot more than 250.

Oh, I only watch Forged In Fire. Had no idea how much one of those folks like they have on the show would charge for a knife.

Last edited:
Spyderco is my favorite brand also. There are many fine models to choose from.
But, if you want a change of pace, I would recommend you take a look at Kershaw's premium line, Zero Tolerance. I have a few of them. U.S. made. Premium steels. Great quality. Look at them at some of my favorite online knife stores: Knifeworks.com, BladeHQ.com, KnifeCenter.com, or USAmadeblade.com. USAmadeblade.com does some neat anodizing of the scales of those knives with titanium scales.

Originally Posted by Geauxtiger
Spyderco is my favorite brand also. There are many fine models to choose from.
But, if you want a change of pace, I would recommend you take a look at Kershaw's premium line, Zero Tolerance. I have a few of them. U.S. made. Premium steels. Great quality. Look at them at some of my favorite online knife stores: Knifeworks.com, BladeHQ.com, KnifeCenter.com, or USAmadeblade.com. USAmadeblade.com does some neat anodizing of the scales of those knives with titanium scales.

Yes sir.....looking at this one https://www.knifecenter.com/item/ZT...de-red-carbon-fiber-and-titanium-handles

Originally Posted by Kira
Have you considered selecting a contrasting style or finish to deepen your collection?

Yes ,.....actually what I was kind of hoping for
smile.gif

I would consider a Sebenza. The small one makes a great EDC.
I am rough on knives and need one-handed opening so I always carry an Axis-lock knife with a deep-carry clip like Benchmade.

I am a big fan of D2 as an EDC blade steel. Cuts great. Not exotic.

Originally Posted by svhanc
I would consider a Sebenza. The small one makes a great EDC.
I am rough on knives and need one-handed opening so I always carry an Axis-lock knife with a deep-carry clip like Benchmade.

I am a big fan of D2 as an EDC blade steel. Cuts great. Not exotic.

I have a Rat 1 in D2....very good steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back