Kinematic Viscosity of motor oils at ambient temperature

(y) ... is there anyway you can make the whole graph and table show up without having to use the horizontal slider?
That is what we are working on. When I first made this in Excel, I gave it to my in-house IT guy (who was way over-qualified for what I needed) and he converted it to flash. He later got a job offer for 3 times the pay, and left. Now that Flash died, I had to hire someone do re-do this, and they screwed up the size (and colors).
I have never been an expert coder, and while I can edit the code to change key words to English, I can't find where to edit all the sizes.
But I paid enough for them to fix it, so they will.

That is what we are working on. When I first made this in Excel, I gave it to my in-house IT guy (who was way over-qualified for what I needed) and he converted it to flash. He later got a job offer for 3 times the pay, and left. Now that Flash died, I had to hire someone do re-do this, and they screwed up the size (and colors).
I have never been an expert coder, and while I can edit the code to change key words to English, I can't find where to edit all the sizes.
But I paid enough for them to fix it, so they will.

At least you got the IT guy do some real work and he didn't say it's not my job ... Typically no one knows what they are doing. We have had 3 or 4 in past 6-7 years and couple of them were too "busy" to help in a timely manner unless the problem was "interesting" or "challenging"!
The two busy dudes used to play lots of games ... I assume playing the same game 500 times is "challenging". :unsure:

The graph basically fits now, but getting the whole table on the page would require a really small font.
BUT, you can right-click on the blue area and choose open frame in a new window (or tab), and you will have the whole thing on the screen by itself.

machinerylubrication.com showed a graph "somewhere" while i was just reading + it noted the difference in real synthetics PAO + Ester oils at various temps! it noted that non real synthetics thinned less as they warmed + that they thickened a LOT less in colder temps than typical 40 + 100C specs show, details that mean a LOT!!

machinerylubrication.com showed a graph "somewhere" while i was just reading + it noted the difference in real synthetics PAO + Ester oils at various temps! it noted that non real synthetics thinned less as they warmed + that they thickened a LOT less in colder temps than typical 40 + 100C specs show, details that mean a LOT!!

I think you are referring to VI, which is Viscosity Index. A higher VI base oil will both thin less as the temperature increases and thicken less as the temperature drops.

VI in a finished lube is manipulated by the use of VII polymers, that's how you get oils blended with wickedly light Group III like TGMO with VI's over 200. PAO's tend to have high natural VI's, but they are nowhere near that of high spread finished oils.

Back