Kids new truck.

The age of 17 explains everything; been there done that. 🙄
His replacement truck looks great, very clean. I like the understated color on the understated body style, which is more appealing to me than some of the new stuff.

Last edited:
Kid wrecked his truck about 5 months ago. I won't get into details here. No one was hurt but him, his pride and one very clean GMT400. I will say he was by himself no drugs or alcohol, just the over confidence of being 17. I am pretty sure he learned his lesson. I am just happy to have him alive. I did it myself back then too. My other child will be driving the Buick come May.
So he had enough saved up to buy a 2003 2500HD Duramax. Our first diesel. 217,000 miles maintenance records from 25,000 to now. 2 owners. Fully loaded 11,500. I like it more than I should. SOLID truck runs perfect.
View attachment 148289
View attachment 148290
View attachment 148291
That is very fine looking one and certainly does not show AGE. The truck must have been well cared for as lots of times those paint colors take a beating from the sun. A friend has a Toyota from about same time period never kept in garage or under a cover and his paint is burned off the top and the hood. Of course he washes it but WILL NOT wax his truck no matter how much I hounded him about it.

the real question is how much did the truck cost? either your kids a really hard worker or you got a smokin deal. a similar truck near me would be right around 10,000 dollars, have 400,000 miles, and I'd be the 7th or 8th owner.

the real question is how much did the truck cost? either your kids a really hard worker or you got a smokin deal. a similar truck near me would be right around 10,000 dollars, have 400,000 miles, and I'd be the 7th or 8th owner.
It was a 11,500. We did pretty good on this one I think.

Did a 300 mile round trip with on Saturday, it ran perfect. We need to fix 2 things the climate control and the steering linkage/bearing clunks. Typical issues on this style truck. I can't believe how nice it actually is. In slightly mixed driving I hand calculated 19 mpg. Way better than my 17 1 ton or his old 350 Vortec. I think we may have found a good one. No smoke, no extra oil, no oil usage in the 1200 miles we have put on it. Thing that blows my mind is no leaks. It was certainly well maintained.

LB7's are known for good MPG when fueling correctly, My LBZ can't achieve 19mpg mixed on it's best day & it's 2wd....But LBZ's fuel pretty hard compared to a LB7.

When it is time for Injectors.....Get the ARP bolt kit for the upper & lower Valve Covers!, Replace all Injector to Rail Lines, Use genuine GM/Bosch Injectors.

I lifted the cab on the last few LB7 Injector & Head Gasket Jobs I've done, It's easier.

LB7's are known for good MPG when fueling correctly, My LBZ can't achieve 19mpg mixed on it's best day & it's 2wd....But LBZ's fuel pretty hard compared to a LB7.

When it is time for Injectors.....Get the ARP bolt kit for the upper & lower Valve Covers!, Replace all Injector to Rail Lines, Use genuine GM/Bosch Injectors.

I lifted the cab on the last few LB7 Injector & Head Gasket Jobs I've done, It's easier.
I see in the Carfax they were done at around 180,000. They were also done early on by GM. The last shop to do was a local independent place that has a really good reputation. So I am hoping to get at least another 30,000 out this set.

Back