Kenmore Dishwasher 3 years + old. No trouble codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife told me dishes were coming out still dirty. Lower spray arm partially melted above metal end shield. Ordered new spray arm and diverter motor assuming flow was to upper spray arm and damage to lower unit was due to being parked over energized heater coil. New spray arm arrived but not diverter valve. Machine ran through complete cycle and dishes came out clean. What am I missing here? The lower spray arm was not blocked by a stray pot handle or anything else that I could see. Machine ran through another cycle last night and dishes clean. All I did was replace the spray arm. Very confused. Any help would be appreciated. (UPS ran doorbell after seven PM Friday and left diverter motor. [censored]? I want the *$#%^&**^%$ codes.

I check the screen and filter often (can't help myself after decades in preventative maintenance) and there was no blockage. The damaged spray arm was not clogged and was free to rotate. What has me confused is that the machine didn't set the trouble code. All the lights on the console illuminate but there was no code. I just can't come up with why/what occurred that one end of the lower spray arm was partially melted. Guess I'll have to wait for the next meltdown. ??????????????

Try some citric acid on a long wash. Put it in the wash dispenser for optimal exposure time.

Originally Posted By: Dorian
Try some citric acid on a long wash. Put it in the wash dispenser for optimal exposure time.
That would be good advice for a machine using unsoftened water but this machine has a softener and has no deposit build up of any kind. A component failure that allowed lower spray arm to be damaged by the heater should set a two part code displayed by blinking lights. NOTHING

Originally Posted By: Dorian
That does not sound safe.
Well whatever failed (or didn't), the breaker wasn't tripped so I have to think maybe the *&^^@%$#& software had a 0 or a 1 out of place, and I don't even know how to start fixing the problem (if there is a problem) If the machine would set a code, I could proceed from there. Maybe won't ever see the machine do that again. Worked just fine the last few nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back