Kendall Motor Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using Kendall GT-1 Synthetic for years in our 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe, 2012 Kia Forte, 2016 Kia Cadenza and 2013 Dodge Dart. Just did the first oil change in our 2017 Hyundai Tucson 1.6 Turbo. It's great oil. I use 10w-30 full syn in everything but the Dart, that gets 5w-30. No issues.

I get it from a friend who owns a local garage. He's been using it for many years and swears by it.

Petroleum Service Company has a Kendall specific site that includes shipping for Oil, ATF, etc.

http://www.kendallmotoroils.com/

Case of GT-1 Max Full Syn 5w20 is $59.41 shipped. I order a case back in October for $51 and change so the prices have gone up but still not bad with shipping included.

Running it in my 17 Ford Explorer 3.5 NA without any issue.

Use Kendall 5-30 syn blend in my Xterra. Ordered many cases of the 0-20 full syn for the 3 other cars in the house. Also ordered from PSC. The more case you order the cheaper the shipping becomes. shipping is fast also, I have it on my doorstep within 3 days of placing the order.

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: csandste
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Originally Posted By: toneydoc
The Firestone tire centers around here use the Kendall products for their oil changes

it is a good oil and will serve you well

Yes, and the euro is

Quote:

• BMW Long Life LL-01
• Mercedes Benz Sheet 229.50
• Volkswagen Standard 502.00 & 505.00
• Porsche A40 - SAE 5W-40

So my friend gets her Cooper serviced there; those guys are on the ball...

Far more reassuring than oil from an unmarked blue drum.

Firestone went SOPUS about three years ago in the St Louis area. Kendall semi-syn used to be part of their $20 oil change, but no more. It's QS. Conoco-Phillips has a lot of group 3 capacity and Kendall at Firestone was a very good deal.

Oklahoma City seems to have gone SOPUS also. PZL

Last edited:
just did $20 kendall gt1 semisyn 5w-30 oil change on my snowbird yaris for second time at superior goodyear here in l.v. interval was 18 months/3500 miles. very pleased with oil and price.

I'll be changing from PP 5W20 in my wife's Dodge Journey over to Kendall GT-1 Max 5W20 after this next oil change. And after I've used up the last of my SL rated Mobil 1 HM 5W30, I'll be switching over to Phillips 66 Guardol ECT 10W30, - which I'm told is the same oil as Kendall Super D XA in my Ford F-250 with a 460 motor.

I'm on my first run with Phillip 66 Guardol ECT 15W40 in my Semi with a Series 60 Detroit motor. Nothing scientific in the way of a UOA yet, but I'm impressed that I have better oil pressure with it, and slightly cooler operating temperatures, compared to Delvac Super 1300 and Delo 400, that I'd been using previously. Lower price per gallon as well. It seems like a really great oil at this point.

When I was at my Phillips 66 Distributor getting my jugs refilled with 15W40 Guardol ECT, I bought a case of 5W20 Kendall GT-1 Max 5W20, for my wife's Dodge Journey. Unfortunately, the price per quart wasn't greatly cheaper than I pay per quart at WM for PP in the 5 quart jugs.

Never the less, I figured I'd give my Distributor a little extra business, and try the GT-1 Max out.

I have a case of GT-1 High Endurance at the parent's. I had someone here order it for me.

Kendall seems to be underrated but I'm guessing Philips 66 doesn't have too much distribution either. Can't seem to find P66 at Wal-Mart besides Motorcraft.

Just an update on Kendall GT-1 Max FS. I checked with a different local Distributor and found a great price on 12-1 quart cases of GT-1 Max FS. It works out to cost under $4.00 per quart. They sell only the Kendall branded motor oils.

Unfortunately this Distributor's price on gallons of 15w40 Kendall Super DXA isn't nearly as good as my price per quart gallon of Phillips 66 Guardol ECT 15W40, that I'm getting from another local Distributor 40 miles north of me. I don't mind driving a bit further. I buy the Guardol 9 to 10 gallons at a time.

The next time my wife's Dodge Journey gets an oil change, it will be getting 5W20 GT-1 Max FS.

Goodyear tire locations around Oklahoma City use Kendall or at least carry it. Firestone used to use them as well. My father in law ran nothing but P66 Trop Artic which is now "Shield" in his 2005 Silverado Z74. Has 190k on the motor and doesn't burn or leak any oil. If you go to a Sams Club store you can buy 12 quarts of Shield for around $24 which is good oil for the price.

Originally Posted By: bradtech
Goodyear tire locations around Oklahoma City use Kendall or at least carry it. Firestone used to use them as well. My father in law ran nothing but P66 Trop Artic which is now "Shield" in his 2005 Silverado Z74. Has 190k on the motor and doesn't burn or leak any oil. If you go to a Sams Club store you can buy 12 quarts of Shield for around $24 which is good oil for the price.

Trop Artic is not Shield.
Phillips 66 is Shield.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en

Phillips 66 is Shield.

Not sure I understand that one...Trop Artic was a Phillips 66 product that my understanding is no longer made. It was replaced in that segment by Shield. There are 4-5 different Shield variants so I'd assume one would approximate the former Trop Artic.

Kendall oil is commonly found in dollar stores around here where they sell GT-1 Full Synthetic for $2.99/qt. The local "99 Cent Only" store along with another similar store sells both Kendall and Shield products. I've heard this is common in their distribution model so if I was interested in Kendall that's the first place I'd look.

Originally Posted By: Vuflanovsky

Phillips 66 is Shield.

Not sure I understand that one...

I can find Phillips 66 Shield bottles online. But I cannot find any that says Trop Artic Shield.
Do you have a pic of the Trop Artic Shield bottle?

BTW... Trop Artic has not been discontinued. You can still buy it.

Originally Posted By: Vuflanovsky

Phillips 66 is Shield.

Not sure I understand that one...

I can find Phillips 66 Shield bottles online. But I cannot find any that says Trop Artic Shield.
Do you have a pic of the Trop Artic Shield bottle?

BTW... Trop Artic has not been discontinued. You can still buy it.

OK...that might make more sense. I'm not saying there's a Trop Artic Shield product. I haven't seen Trop Artic in several years and Shield products are in the same segment. As far as I can tell, Trop Artic is not on the Phillips 66 website as part of their current product line so I'm assuming you're saying it's now produced by someone else?? That was my confusion...Because I'm not seeing it as a Phillips 66 product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back