Kendall GT1 Max Question W/ liquitek VOA

JWB

Ok...let's don't beat up the new guy (new to this thread not life :).

Kendall GT1 Max 0W20 has been doing well in my 2020 Tundra. I see SDS says >80% Heavy hydrotreated so I assume rest is add pack? I also know they use S. Koreas S-Oil but is it entirely Grp III or a Grp III/IV mix?

Thanks for any info and I am attaching a new VOA with the new Liquitek FYSA...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201012-160507_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20201012-160507_Drive.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 293
Probably a group 3 full synthetic. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Don't get hung up on groups...

Many very good oils are a balance of several different groups of oils. Say like Mobil 1 EP 5w30 which has around 30 percent group IV. Then Mobil 1 EP 0w20 which I believe has 60 percent group IV in it... Both a great oils with used oil analysis on here to back both of them up.

It's about performance and specs and approvals that a oil legitimately has.

Is this oil Dexos approved ??

You are pretty much right... Typically the additive package makes up 15 percent and maybe up to 20 percent.

Probably a group 3 full synthetic. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Don't get hung up on groups...

Many very good oils are a balance of several different groups of oils. Say like Mobil 1 EP 5w30 which has around 30 percent group IV. Then Mobil 1 EP 0w20 which I believe has 60 percent group IV in it... Both a great oils with used oil analysis on here to back both of them up.

It's about performance and specs and approvals that a oil legitimately has.

Is this oil Dexos approved ??

You are pretty much right... Typically the additive package makes up 15 percent and maybe up to 20 percent.
Dexos 1 Gen 2....New formula they dropped the Dexos 1 oil they had and this is the 6A SP Gen2...

Thanks for the reply!

Dexos 1 Gen 2....New formula they dropped the Dexos 1 oil they had and this is the 6A SP Gen2...

Thanks for the reply!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201012-222810_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20201012-222810_Drive.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 86
Kinda thinking it was a Dexos gen 2 approved oil...

The API SP is not all that hard spec to meet. Being that Kendall 0w20 was Dexos gen 2 approved it would have been quite likely already good enough to pass the new API spec.

Kinda thinking it was a Dexos gen 2 approved oil...

The API SP is not all that hard spec to meet. Being that Kendall 0w20 was Dexos gen 2 approved it would have been quite likely already good enough to pass the new API spec.
It is Dex 1 Gen 2

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201012-222810_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20201012-222810_Drive.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 22
Ahh I know that.... You know exactly what we are talking about here...

I'm saying it easily meets API SP... Because it is Dexos approved.

We are obviously not talking about Dexos2 which is a totally different spec.

We are on the same page so to speak.

Where did you manage to find Kendall full synthetic ??

It is a very good oil in my opinion.

I have thought about ordering some from PSC online. But shipping takes the price up a bit.

Where did you manage to find Kendall full synthetic ??

It is a very good oil in my opinion.

I have thought about ordering some from PSC online. But shipping takes the price up a bit.
It is good. I live in VA so shipping ground is only $12 for a case of 12. Total $49.....I see it on Ebay for $7 a quart free shipping.

It is good. I live in VA so shipping ground is only $12 for a case of 12. Total $49.....I see it on Ebay for $7 a quart free shipping.

Yeah I live in the Williamsburg area... That's not bad just below four dollars a qt.

I may well order some in the months ahead. I have some Mobil Super and Mobil Super synthetic- to go through... Along with some Napa full synthetic high mileage oil and some semi synthetic Napa high mileage oil to go through too.

My plan was to run Kendall 0W-20 in my Jeep, but then the RGT clearance at AAP happened. It is good oil and kendallmotoroil.com has free shipping. They recently tweaked the additive pack when it moved from SN+ to SP, but I have no reason to doubt it is not the same great oil.

I just bought a 12 qt case from PSC. With shipping it’s about $5 a quart. Just bought a 2020 F-150 2.7 turbo and feel confident it will serve me well. I’ve been using Kendall oil for years, my dad used Kendall. My son works for Phillips 66 and confirmed that it’s one of their best oils.

My plan was to run Kendall 0W-20 in my Jeep, but then the RGT clearance at AAP happened. It is good oil and kendallmotoroil.com has free shipping. They recently tweaked the additive pack when it moved from SN+ to SP, but I have no reason to doubt it is not the same great oil.

Funny...I did the same thing! So the Kendall will go into the RX350 and I'll put the RGT into the Tundra.

I wonder what version of Kendall synthetic the 99 Cent Only stores will be carrying.

Back