PYB vs Kendall GT1 Max

It doesn't have the titanium anymore? What is their "Liquitek" stuff then? Is the Castrol the only oil with the Titanium? Which is better, Titanium, or moly? So many questions! Lol.
I'm going to start going down a rabbit hole again. Hahahahha
It does not. Liquitek is the new non-Ti formula. There’s been some VOA/UOAs posted in the forums.

So many questions! Lol.
It probably doesn't matter as much as you think. I came here to learn about oils, and the more I learnt the more I realised it doesn't matter as long as I don't do something extremely stupid.

Get an API SP rated oil, of the correct viscosity (and OEM spec if required), then change it every 5k miles (or according to the manufacturer). Job Done.

You can play around with ACEA specs (I do) and brands (I do as well) and viscosity (I do that too) and OCI length (yep, I do that as well sometime); but it doesn't make much difference unless you take it to the extreme.

Every OCI I try a different oil in my beater/commuter, just to see what it's like, mostly I notice no change. My car (really subjective myself) did like the Castrol Magnatec 10W30 synblend I tried years ago, I probably should just have stuck with that, instead of looking for unicorns.

Last edited:
All things being equal (price, availability, etc) would you choose PYB or Kendall GT1 Max synthetic in 10w30? It will be for 5k mile OCI's, both oils meet my oil spec, and availability is the same. I would like to hear some info on which would keep the motor cleaner, shear stability, and differences in the 30wt thicknesses (is one or the other a more heavy/light 30wt?).
I also have enough Lubegard Biotech to last a lifetime, so that can be added as well.

Thanks guys!!

*No disrespect, but I'm not interested in hearing about or recommendactions for your M1 or PUP, etc.
Kendall

Back