Kendall Liquid Titanium vs Liquitek Question

Hey, guys. I just did an oil change the other day on my 2007 5.4 F-150. I have been running Kendall w/ Liquid Titanium for about 2 years now. I only had 6 quarts of Liquid Titanium in my inventory (the 3v 5.4L holds 7 quarts) and went to PSC to order some more and all I could find, was Liquitek. So, the truck got a mix of 6 quarts of Liquid Titanium and 1 quart of Liquitek.. I'm assuming this is the same oil as the Liquid Titanium, or am I wrong? I haven;t seen any VOA info on PQIA, or maybe I missed it. Thanks, for any info!

Last edited:
Liquitek is the new GF6/SP formula. They removed Titanium from the formula. It's still a good quality oil but without the Ti.

[QUOTE="I Liquitek is the new GF6/SP formula. They removed Titanium from the formula. It's still a good quality oil but without the Ti.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info!

Valvoline did the same with VAS, upped the moly and tossed the titanium. Makes me wonder if this was done out of cost or something about the titanium that was causing issues going from SN+ to SP.

Valvoline did the same with VAS, upped the moly and tossed the titanium. Makes me wonder if this was done out of cost or something about the titanium that was causing issues going from SN+ to SP.
Given the changes that have been made to the new oil; is it safe for me to run the mix of the two oils together in the truck, without any issues down the road?

Back