Kendall 0W20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kendall is Motorcraft. It is a quality oil in both synthetic blend and full synthetic
smile.gif

Honda oil is now Kendall too

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Kendall is Motorcraft. It is a quality oil in both synthetic blend and full synthetic
smile.gif

Kendall is not Motorcraft, FoMoCo oils do not have Ti.

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
smile.gif

This folklore will believe anything! What's the deal with Titanium as a _______- (friction modifier?) versus it's nearest competition. Ye hear me fam?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL

I know Ford/Motorcraft doesn't have Ti, but I thought Kendall got rid of it in their own oils, too.

smile.gif

Kendall is made by Conoco Phillips who makes the other brands mentioned.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
smile.gif

Kendall is made by Conoco Phillips who makes the other brands mentioned.

Just because two different branded oils are made by the same corporation does not mean they are the same oil. For example, Textar and Pagid are OEM suppliers for BMW brake pads, but the BMW beaded ones are a superior product compares to a Textar or Pagid beaded pad.

Originally Posted By: 1JZ_E46
Where do you even buy Kendall?

It used to be on the rack at Pep Boyz, and was the 'corporate' oil at Firestone Auto Centers.

Now I believe that it is only online from given distributors.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: thunderfog

http://petroleumservicecompany.com/

Been ordering from here for a few years...comes out to around $5/qt with shipping.

That's the 'online' distributor I was referring to, just forgot their name.
thumbsup2.gif

If I ever decide to use this stuff (some ST owners swear by this oil), I will just drive up there and pick it up in person, by the case.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

Been ordering from here for a few years...comes out to around $5/qt with shipping.

That's the 'online' distributor I was referring to, just forgot their name.
thumbsup2.gif

If I ever decide to use this stuff (some ST owners swear by this oil), I will just drive up there and pick it up in person, by the case.
wink.gif

I wish the local places stocked it, but it's no big deal to order from them.

I've never done a UOA, but everything I've read about Kendall gives it high marks, for sure.

smile.gif

to add to this one - a honda tech AND parts counter guy just told me yesterday that Honda oil is now being made by Conoco-Phillips.

LOL

I don't know if it's still valid, but they used to have a 10% off coupon code. When I ordered from them in the past, I used it and got an extra discount on my order. It's worth looking into if you're planning to order from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back