Keep me in your thoughts

Good luck and prayers to you. I have been diagnosed with prostate cancer so I feel your pain but keep a level head and pray you will be ok

Good luck and prayers to you. I have been diagnosed with prostate cancer so I feel your pain but keep a level head and pray you will be ok
My dad just went through this, if you want to talk about your options, let me know and I'll send you a PM.

To update this the whole 14 days I wore a heart monitor I was in afib whole time. Go to cardiologist next Friday morning to see where I go from here.

I’m not the healthiest person, but if I could rewind time I wish I could have done some stuff different. That’s all I have to say

Yeah I honestly thought you were having atrial fibrillation…

Take it all one step and one day at a time.

Remember to check your blood pressure and heart rate on pulse oximeter when you don’t feel well……

Low blood pressure and atrial fibrillation is not good…. It’s very serious. Be very mindful of this.

I must say that I’m glad I have what I think is good healthcare. Especiallly when some conworkers of mine have “premium” like I do but they never use any of it. That chafes my rear to no end. Folks with no teeth, diabetic and smoke like chimneys and whine about health care.

I have a good heart doctor. I asked tons of questions, and his staff are top notch. I truly am blessed.

My friend had a pace maker installed. His pulse rate would drop off a cliff for no reason. He's laying in his hospital bed when one of those nursing assistants wanted sponge his underarms. She told him to raise up his arms so that she could clean underneath them. He raises up his arms like he's told to and pulls all the electrical wires out of his chest. Now he's waiting to have the surgery all over again.

My friend had a pace maker installed. His pulse rate would drop off a cliff for no reason. He's laying in his hospital bed when one of those nursing assistants wanted sponge his underarms. She told him to raise up his arms so that she could clean underneath them. He raises up his arms like he's told to and pulls all the electrical wires out of his chest. Now he's waiting to have the surgery all over again.
My father in law had a pacemaker/defib combo implanted about 10 years ago. The battery finally needs to be replaced. I'm taking him in a couple weeks for pre-surgery testing. Hopefully the surgery will after his wife finishes her oncology radiation treatments.

GMBOY, Hoping you do well with what ever type of treatment they decide is best for you. I can imagine what you are dealing with. I have been being treated for prostate issues for years. Just about every prostate issue you can have short of cancer since 2018. Good luck to you and wishing you speedy treatment with a good recovery. Take car n God be with you.

To update this: I’m alive still. Conversion didn’t work yesterday. Waiting to hear from electrophysiologist for appointment then soon hopefully do another conversion and ablation. Fun day yesterday to say least; hurry up and wait but I’m not complaining.

Can you walk some? Walk a little further each day.
I do that all day at work. Been lifting some and using an roller more too. Mom got me tons of groceries and heart healthy book. Think I’m done with the beer for long time; way too many carbs

I do that all day at work. Been lifting some and using an roller more too. Mom got me tons of groceries and heart healthy book. Think I’m done with the beer for long time; way too many carbs
On your feet all day and raising your heartrate for a specific time are different things. You may not want to walk, maybe a bike or something. Since you have a cardio make use of him and ask him for a recomended exercise target heartrate and for how long each day. Your insurance may also pay for a session with a real medical grade physical therapist that can help with a program - not some no pain no gain guy from the gym.

My kids got me a inexpensive fitbit watch. It does all kinds of other stuff I don't bother with, but the two great things are it tells me my heartrate, and how far I walked.

Back