Keep me in your thoughts

My idiot primary care doc misdiagnosed it. Pumped up drug amounts.

But hospital tried and than forgot bout me it appears. My heart doctors nurses didn’t even know what I had done back in March. I almost passed out when they told me this 💩💩💩💩

All right man … So your PCP wasn’t right about your cardiac condition? ?

The hospital nurses … were they the same ones or different ones ? Even if they forgot or were different … which could be possible because they likely see quite a bit of people… Your chart should have been able to be easily accessed.

Did the cardiac physician OR his staff not call you about either a) another office appointment or b) testing results ? c) they should have scheduled you another cardiac procedure ?

I will say office staff can REALLY REALLY jack things up… I know that firsthand…

I am add as king these questions to try to help you a bit here.

I tried to read all the pages but I'm confused.. didn't see anything explaining what else was going on.. So the primary care doc misdiagnosed your heart issue and then gave you massive amounts of drugs that wouldn't help a non-existent issue?
The primary care doc yes misdiagnosed it. Gave blood psi med and cholesterol med. basically the heart doc doesn’t know what he wants to do or hospital is busy or….. I don’t know, very frustrated.

Hang in there, man. @53' Stude You got this.

Go in there like Lt. Col. Frank Slade, just don't tell them you'd take a flamethrower to this place... lol. I'm sorry to hear of your frustrations.

I trust you'll have it handled and if it is at all possible to get treated somewhere else. Somewhere more competent. My Mom, as an RN of ~37 years wouldn't be pleased with the state of treatment today, maybe it was less error back then. Idk. But it's the ethic that they should want to get it right.

I actually work at a cancer center.... not In a capacity to do scheduling or be involved (directly) in the treatment of patients, but I feel for your situation and you strike me as someone that doesn't take any **** (yes I typed 4 stars) so I have to give you the 👍and will bestow Traditional Irish Blessing upon you and hope this all turns out for the best.

The primary care doc yes misdiagnosed it. Gave blood psi med and cholesterol med. basically the heart doc doesn’t know what he wants to do or hospital is busy or….. I don’t know, very frustrated.
Thanks for clearing that up, wow.. just wow.. I was praying for you and looks like the Father blessed you with the truth! Here you're not even having trouble but someone wants to prescribe pills.. I've seen this before with family members, it's just as bad as the auto shops/dealers pushing repair items that don't need to be done just to make money. I know people might jump on me to tell me how good their doc is, same as saying their mechanic is honest.

I think you dodge a huge problem and didn't get on what I call the "pill treadmill", you were blessed my friend! I know you're frustrated but the Father gave you a pause from their pill pushing. Could be that you don't need anything because there isn't a problem or alternative medicine (which of course I could be made fun of for mentioning it)..

Thanks for clearing that up, wow.. just wow.. I was praying for you and looks like the Father blessed you with the truth! Here you're not even having trouble but someone wants to prescribe pills.. I've seen this before with family members, it's just as bad as the auto shops/dealers pushing repair items that don't need to be done just to make money. I know people might jump on me to tell me how good their doc is, same as saying their mechanic is honest.

I think you dodge a huge problem and didn't get on what I call the "pill treadmill", you were blessed my friend! I know you're frustrated but the Father gave you a pause from their pill pushing. Could be that you don't need anything because there isn't a problem or alternative medicine (which of course I could be made fun of for mentioning it)..
I’m just hoping to have success with another cardiac conversion and ablation. I’m doing my best

Glad I got to see my brother and nephew this past weekend.

Bummer for you. We do our stuff at a major medical center, 15 miles away.

when they first got started 50+ years ago there were some problems. But things are really good now.

Good luck Stude!!!

Bummer for you. We do our stuff at a major medical center, 15 miles away.

when they first got started 50+ years ago there were some problems. But things are really good now.

Good luck Stude!!!
Well the hospital near me is huge. Shame I had a incompetent doctor as primary doctor. Never, ever again.

Thank You Al

How old are you ?

Just wondering due to your health situation….
I’m 42

Finally got to speak to a “human” and made appointment with heart doc to see when ablation and cardiac conversion after 3 days of giving me drug thru IV is going to happen. I’m going to push this issue as other member mentioned; I don’t and will not tolerate any BS

I’m 42

Finally got to speak to a “human” and made appointment with heart doc to see when ablation and cardiac conversion after 3 days of giving me drug thru IV is going to happen. I’m going to push this issue as other member mentioned; I don’t and will not tolerate any BS

Understood, but try not to get so mad.

Maybe there was a reason for procedure not to happen…. ?

Well the hospital near me is huge. Shame I had a incompetent doctor as primary doctor. Never, ever again.

Thank You Al
I told a guy today (serious back issues) that we take at least 3 bids in business - but sometimes only a 2nd opinion at medical options …
He’s ready to increase the radius of travel to find the right place …

@53' Stude keep moving forward. Our health care is what it is; not the best in many cases. I am trying hard to be polite...
Stay on the path, bro.
Have another reflection Jeff - the Houston medical center is fantastic or I would not be clicking to my CA friend on my iPad now …
I have been to many countries - some we consider 1st world and folks pass waiting in line to just get scanned …
Some countries barely have a scanner …

Have another reflection Jeff - the Houston medical center is fantastic or I would not be clicking to my CA friend on my iPad now …
I have been to many countries - some we consider 1st world and folks pass waiting in line to just get scanned …
Some countries barely have a scanner …
I had one major insurance group for years. Biggest in CA I believe. Let's just say they did not help me when I needed help; great for asthma inhaler though! I had an old ankle foot injury that had gotten arithritic, and my left wrist had nerve pain that shot up my arm. They told me to exercise. I finally switched to Stanford Medical; almost immeadiately they did repair surgery with heavy metal in my ankle foot. 1 year recovery. Then they tested my hand and told me I had severe carpal tunnel. Told me surgery would help but no guarantees because I had waited too long. Had the surgery and that took another year to get 90% right. Still drop the occasional wrench... Probably need the other wrist done soon, but that will be a snap.
Both issues could have been far easier to treat with timely attention. Instead I lived with them for 10 years or more.

My point is, we pay the most for our health care and should expect better. That's my opinion and my experience.
4WD I am grateful for your wonderful medical team that helped you back to health.

My incredible Doctor told me I could have only 1 cup of coffee in the morning; no more. Had heart tests and heart is strong; all good. I gave up coffee for nothing? Sheesh. What's a poor boy to do?

So, heart doctor visit went well today. Bumping up the electrocardiophysiologybappointment quickly. Hoping this means before end of week.

He’s planning on June for drug in IV for 3 days then cardiac conversion. Later on or down road then we will do ablation. I’m fine with that. Blood psi was 121/69~ so I’m happy

Will this be pharmacological or electrical cardioversion? In either case, you'll be on anticlotting medication for a while. Possibly, cardioversion will have a long-lasting effect and you can dodge catheter ablation. Ablation would be a long-term fix.

Last edited:
I had one major insurance group for years. Biggest in CA I believe. Let's just say they did not help me when I needed help; great for asthma inhaler though!
Lemme guess - Kaiser? I stay with them for one reason, HDHPs are foolish and I would have to pay for a One Medical membership on top of that - I refuse to do business with Sutter, even if Oakland/Berkeley(Summit-Alta Bates) is closer than Walnut Creek(John Muir) in rush hour if I need to go to the ER.

Back