K5 GT, Kia has impressed me

I’m guessing that the Stinger in your signature is what she chose. We test drove a 2.5T and 3.3TT Stinger. My wife loved the hatch but the rear seat room and the fact that the tech is a generation behind, made the K5 her winner. I would have loved to have AWD for my wife, but I’ve been impressed with the FWD as long as you use the throttle judiciously coming out of corners.
Once you get in, there's plenty of room. I'm 6'1", 250 and fit fine. It's just the matter of getting in as the car sits low. In our case, no one will really sit back there as our kids are grown. I did try to get her to park once though, so we could try out the back seat and make out. She declined.
As far as the tech goes, my wife was cool with what's there. We're not really techy, touchy screeny, type people. When we bought the car last summer, vehicles were very scarce. They had a couple of '22's, which have updated info, but they were only 2.0L's. We walked in knowing we would buy a 3.3TT GT2 and there were no '22's yet in that flavor.

The DCT in the TURBO KIA Sorrento is quickly becoming a disaster. If this is indeed the same power train (2.5 turbo w/the DCT) as your vehicle-I have no idea why the owner reviews are so bad with the same power train in a different vehicle. Maybe tuning?
Are you referring to the 7 speed DCT? This newest version that we have is the 8 speed “wet” DCT

Are you referring to the 7 speed DCT? This newest version that we have is the 8 speed “wet” DCT
Its the 8 speed w/the wet clutch. Many owners are not happy campers. So-you can still get the six speed with the non-turbo 2.5-at 191 horsepower. It was on a short list for my wife's next car, if they don't fix it I will have to look at the Toyota Highlander.

Its the 8 speed w/the wet clutch. Many owners are not happy campers. So-you can still get the six speed with the non-turbo 2.5-at 191 horsepower. It was on a short list for my wife's next car, if they don't fix it I will have to look at the Toyota Highlander.
The Santa Cruz 2.5 NA has a traditional 8 speed slush box. If the 2.5T was offered with that same transmission, I would definitely have went that way since a DCT off of pavement can be difficult.

Reactions: CKN
I’m still loving my K5 GT. Got about 20k miles on her now. I haven’t had her on a dyno but I feel like she gives a bit more on 93 octane. Would be interested in your thoughts if you have tried it. There’s also a chip/harness kit available to dial it up to ludicrous speed…

The DCT in the TURBO KIA Sorrento is quickly becoming a disaster. If this is indeed the same power train (2.5 turbo w/the DCT) as your vehicle-I have no idea why the owner reviews are so bad with the same power train in a different vehicle. Maybe tuning?
It has been a disaster since they started using it. VWAG has the best DSG

Back