Hyundai Santa Cruz

Sold my Titan and picked this up last week. It’s not a truck, but I think I will meet my needs.

It’s a Santa Cruz limited with the 2.5T/DCT. I’m not a fan of the stock wheels so those were gone as soon as I got home from the dealer. I’ve wanted a set of Enkei RPF1 wheels for a long time and I found these at Tire Rack and couldn’t pass them up. Saved me 10 pounds per corner over the stock setup, even though the tires weren’t light.

I’ve been very impressed with it so far. It handles like a car and has enough room for me to haul three or four kayaks. It should get me everywhere I need to go, even if it can’t get me everywhere I want to go.

I’ve averaged 24 mpg with it in the first 800 miles, so that’s a huge improvement over my Titan.
7D444C2B-A497-4196-9BC9-BA8EE63E5543.jpeg

8AD50DA6-F0DF-4521-94BC-C547683038F3.jpeg

Last edited:
Just saw one same color today in a parking lot but didn't get a close look. It looks like a new cleaned up version of a Subaru Baja. The tires and wheels give it a tough look, not so sure about the details on the plastic wheel arches.

Did you get crazy money for the Titan?

Just saw one same color today in a parking lot but didn't get a close look. It looks like a new cleaned up version of a Subaru Baja. The tires and wheels give it a tough look, not so sure about the details on the plastic wheel arches.

Did you get crazy money for the Titan?
Yeah, I’m not a fan of the extra junk molded into the flares either. Maybe I’ll sand them down to remove the in your face “Easter eggs”

I got 2 grand more than I paid for my Titan when I bought it brand new last year.

I know so little about this trucklet but it looks bada$$. Slick, slick lines. Is it RWD or FWD? Nice wheel choice, too. This seems like one a person and family could live with for a good long time.

I know so little about this trucklet but it looks bada$$. Slick, slick lines. Is it RWD or FWD? Nice wheel choice, too. This seems like one a person and family could live with for a good long time.
It’s AWD with a transverse setup. It has H trac which is Hyundai’s version of brake controlled torque vectoring. I wish they had included some limited slip diffs, but it should get around about as good as some of the Subarus.

If you sand off those little triangles you'll end up sanding all of that black trim all the way around, you'll never match the texture of the matt surface. Give it a while and you'll never notice them. Look for tires with little triangles on the sidewalls next time and it will look planned. (y) What trim level is it?

If you sand off those little triangles you'll end up sanding all of that black trim all the way around, you'll never match the texture of the matt surface. Give it a while and you'll never notice them. Look for tires with little triangles on the sidewalls next time and it will look planned. (y) What trim level is it?
It’s a limited. I was planning to plastidip or use bedliner to spray the flares if I end up sanding them down.

Yes, these are a factory installed accessory. Most Santa Cruz’s came with a smaller version that doesn’t have the mount built in.

I’m not a big fan of them and will probably modify them somehow to remove the extra stuff that was molded in.
What it actually is a gopro mount.. thought that was a joke.... 🤣

What it actually is a gopro mount.. thought that was a joke.... 🤣
Unfortunately Hyundai thought it was good idea. The piece at 12 o’clock pops out and a go pro can be mounted there.

It’s part of their marketing campaign to target surfers, hikers, kayakers, bicyclists and other outdoor enthusiasts like myself.

Yeah, I’m not a fan of the extra junk molded into the flares either. Maybe I’ll sand them down to remove the in your face “Easter eggs”

I got 2 grand more than I paid for my Titan when I bought it brand new last year.
Yet-new Titan sales are really, really, bad even with the current conditions. The Titan is on death watch in the U.S. Already dead in Canada.

Saw one of these at Publix yesterday, looked like a great grocery hauler!
Actually TFL has a video of it towing the way they do most of their towing test, up and down a mountain in Colorado (?).
I thought it did an excellent job, better than the Maverick (which they picked) but not quite as good as the Ridgeline which is a bigger truck.

Back