Hyundai Santa Cruz

Unfortunately Hyundai thought it was good idea. The piece at 12 o’clock pops out and a go pro can be mounted there.

It’s part of their marketing campaign to target surfers, hikers, kayakers, bicyclists and other outdoor enthusiasts like myself.
"Here, make us some free Instagram advertising..." 🤣

Nice choice of wheels and tires.

It’s AWD with a transverse setup. It has H trac which is Hyundai’s version of brake controlled torque vectoring. I wish they had included some limited slip diffs, but it should get around about as good as some of the Subarus.
At least Hyundai gave you an electronic AWD "locker" to get out of messier situations.

At least Hyundai gave you an electronic AWD "locker" to get out of messier situations.
I will have to try that out and see if it’s even worth the console space for the switch. I would have much rather had LSD’s and skid plates.

89F42E00-0017-46B8-8CBB-6E47F32F1025.jpeg

A565A24D-E3E3-476E-88A6-2B6BC6154C47.jpeg

Got my racks all installed so my S.C. is ready for hauling kayaks to the rivers here in the Ozarks.

I like the Enkei RPF1 wheels..... I think this is the first time I've seen them used on a truck/SUV vehicle.
This is the only “truck” I’ve ever owned that had a low enough GVRW to run RPF1’s. I wanted a set of RPT’s on my last couple trucks but didn’t want to spend 2k just for the wheels.

I decided to spoil myself a little with this set and got the last set of bronze wheels in the US for that size.

Saw one of these at Publix yesterday, looked like a great grocery hauler!
Actually TFL has a video of it towing the way they do most of their towing test, up and down a mountain in Colorado (?).
I thought it did an excellent job, better than the Maverick (which they picked) but not quite as good as the Ridgeline which is a bigger truck.
The only problem with that test, was TFL didn’t manually shift to keep brake applications low until they were almost to the bottom. The DCT is definitely not made for towing and doesn’t even have a tow/haul mode built in. I don’t plan on towing any heavy loads but it’s nice to know this little vehicle is versatile enough to do it.

Gorgeous! Again, congrats. At first i liked the Maverick more (in photos), but after seeing both on the road, i prefer the SC. Nothing wrong with FM and that hybrid makes it a gamebreaker for some. It's just that i prefer the SC.

You can buy a base model for around 25k. I just wanted all the bells and whistles to go along with that zippy turbo.
Not really comparable, but I was comparing the MSRP of the Santa Cruz to what I paid for my new Tesla last year, and it’s only a $1,000 difference.

Nice Truck! I drove one of these and was shocked by how much I liked it. Only issue and a big one for me was not enough room in backseat for forward facing car seats. But impressive rig!

Back