K&P stainless steel oil filters.

Yup, that's the difference between absolute and nominal. I emailed Amsoil and Fram and both claim their numbers are absolute, which is way better than nominal. I know some companies use nominal to make them look better.đź‘Ž That's why it's best to inquire.
I think one has to be careful with the term absolute. It literally means the pores will not allow any, which is the “absolute.” Some are careful, some are not, with the word.
Absolute is not on any filter box, it’s always by test xyz of some sort.

I think one has to be careful with the term absolute. It literally means the pores will not allow any, which is the “absolute.” Some are careful, some are not, with the word.
Absolute is not on any filter box, it’s always by test xyz of some sort.
But you should know that the term "absolute efficiency" in the filter industry means efficiency at 98.7%. It's been discussed many times, and dozens of links have been given over the years showing what it means in the industry.

Last edited:
Which was exactly what?
Not replied to you. Or maybe it was. You seem to be invested and have excellent memory in what the other one says. I already explained it enough.
And absolute means absolute that’s why there is absolute zero. Whether people use it carelessly doesn’t matter. You can talk about it until Christmas and it still means what it means.

Not replied to you. Or maybe it was. You seem to be invested and have excellent memory in what the other one says. I already explained it enough.
And absolute means absolute that’s why there is absolute zero. Whether people use it carelessly doesn’t matter. You can talk about it until Christmas and it still means what it means.
LoL ... yeah, it means what the filter industry has defined the meaning to be - not what you defined it as. You seem to have your own definitions for a lot of things that aren't correct.

Do you even know why the filter industy has defined it as 98.7% efficiency? Think about it. :unsure::D

And as far as Microgreen goes, if they say it "filters down to 2ÎĽ" with no assiciated efficiency number, then it's all advertising fluff, just like many filter sellers do showing a filtering efficiency without an associated particle size. Almost any filter with any decent filtering ability will catch some particles 5ÎĽ or smaller. It might only be a few percent, but hey it did catch some particles "down to" 5 or 2 microns.

Last edited:
Back