Just picked up 33 qts of PP at Oreillys

Status
Not open for further replies.
This evening at 2.57 a qt for the 5w20 grade only, previous price was around 3.50ish, they lowered it even more. Cleaned out 2 different stores. I think im set on oil for a few years unless theres another deal I can't refuse. Heres a picture of the oil I have purchased the last month or so.

45 qts of pp 5w20 on the oreilly deal.
10 qts of havoline syn with pure one, AAP deal.
25 qts of maxlife, walmart $5 coupon.
I still have, the new AAP coupon for nextgen synthetic plus K&N filter.

Last edited:
Wow, I picked up 13 quarts last week for $3.07/quart. I might have to hit another store and get some more.

Guess I'll have to go post this deal in the sale/promotion section.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: laserred96gt
I think im set on oil for a few years unless theres another deal I can't refuse.

I said the same thing over 200 quarts ago. Every few months since then there's been a deal that I haven't been able to refuse.

Good buy! but my goodness that oil is going to be old before you get around to using it. I started to stash oil but then realized by the time I got around to using it it would be 4-5 years old, so I stopped stashing. I would rather just spend the $25 every 3-5 months and know I have fresh oil going in.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Good buy! but my goodness that oil is going to be old before you get around to using it. I started to stash oil but then realized by the time I got around to using it it would be 4-5 years old, so I stopped stashing. I would rather just spend the $25 every 3-5 months and know I have fresh oil going in.

I know , I have to put a stop to this addiction, I bought all that within a month.
I'm signing up for rehab.
grin.gif

All my cars require SL or older, my LS400 requires SH. I can easily use my stash of SM and SN in my current cars for another 5-6 years without problems.

$2.57/qt for the PP 5w20 is hard to say no to, the only problem is no O'Reilly around my place has any in stock.

Man, that's a deal! With my OCD tendencies I could see myself taking advantage of such opportunities too. The look on my wife's face the day she sees my new stash would be priceless!

Originally Posted By: gregk24

Yup, if you've got more than a 2 year supply of oil - you have too much IMO. I'm sure it all eventually gets used, the emotional high of getting something you like on sale cannot be discounted.

Originally Posted By: laserred96gt
I know , I have to put a stop to this addiction, I bought all that within a month.
I'm signing up for rehab.
Insurance won't pay unless you resign from BITOG first. Otherwise you're guaranteed to relapse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back