Just Changed oil used Royal Purple filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a stock of Donaldson filters, used up the last one and couldn't find anymore, so am trying a royal purple filter.

Using Schaeffer 10w-30 7000 synthetic oil too.

Dan

Originally Posted By: salesrep
How long has RP been making/selling filters?

For a year or two now,,quality filters.

Originally Posted By: daman

Ya. If you can find them.

Originally Posted By: river_rat

I know
frown.gif

They are slowly making their way to stores. Easy to find online now. Even being sold on E-Bay. Unfortunately, these places are WAY over charging for shipping. Anywhere from $7-$10 p/ filter to ship is just crazy.

It is bad enough paying $14.99 at PepBoys for one never mind $11 + $10 shipping so $21 a filter. I use them and tried to get them for less than PB's but can't beat that price due to shipping.

Originally Posted By: beanoil
Schaeffer 7k is not their full synthetic offering. Schaeffer 9k is. Excellent oil though.

Can't get the 9000 in 10w-30 around here, so using the 7000. Its the only oil i have tried that I don't have to add any between oil changes. Car uses about 3/4 of a quart between changes. Others I tried had to have a quart added. Car is 1984 Plymouth Gran fury with 318.

It may not be full synthetic but it is an excellent oil. And the engine is much quieter mechanically with schaeffers than with mobil 1.

Dan

Originally Posted By: Texan4Life
nice.. I hope you cut it open and post pics when you change oil again!

I will do that, but just the weight and sturdiness of the filter impressed me. Champ is manufacturing the filter for RP and uses the synthetic filter media that Donaldson invented.

Car has sat for three days and on cranking no oil light. Very good anti drainback.

Dan

Schaeffers Specialized Lubricants does not produce a 9000 series 10-30. The 9000 series comes in 9000 5-40, 9001 5-50, 9003 5-30

If you find a retailer online who doesn't get crazy with the shipping you can buy a larger quantity of them ground shipping and bring the price per filter down.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

They are slowly making their way to stores. Easy to find online now. Even being sold on E-Bay. Unfortunately, these places are WAY over charging for shipping. Anywhere from $7-$10 p/ filter to ship is just crazy.

It is bad enough paying $14.99 at PepBoys for one never mind $11 + $10 shipping so $21 a filter. I use them and tried to get them for less than PB's but can't beat that price due to shipping.

If i had a PB by me i'd be running these filters there top notch for loong OCI, but to far of a drive for me,hopefully one day some other retailer will carry them.

yea i seen them on flea bay for sale them guy's are nutz!!!

Can't find royal purple filters in my neck of the woods, so I am gonna apply to be a distributor.

At least I can get them for me...lol

Dan

Originally Posted By: Dan4510
Can't find royal purple filters in my neck of the woods, so I am gonna apply to be a distributor.

At least I can get them for me...lol

Dan

Go to advance auto and order online. Plus the bitoger's in here always post online discount codes to help you save on even more.
whistle.gif

ps- sometimes free shipping when you order over a certain amount.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I thought only Pep Boys carried RP filters?

They had the initial exclusive deal to carry them but that has expired and anyone can know sell them. It is taking time for them to get to other sources though. Tons of places online now that sell them but the shipping they charge is crazy making the filters over $20 each. Just stupid what they charge. $10 to ship an oil filter = OH PLEASE!
33.gif

AAP does not carry them in store or online that I can see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back