Just bought 8k mile 2017 Ford Fusion... what's the factory fill oil?

For the 2.5L, you really don't need expensive boutique lubricants, you'll get excellent life out of them using the cheapest synthetic oil you can buy, the weak point of these cars is the transmission, do drain and fills like every 30,000 miles, if you're doing 20k+ miles a year, I'd drain and fill it like once a year.

For the 2.5L, you really don't need expensive boutique lubricants, you'll get excellent life out of them using the cheapest synthetic oil you can buy, the weak point of these cars is the transmission, do drain and fills like every 30,000 miles, if you're doing 20k+ miles a year, I'd drain and fill it like once a year.
Thanks. I've owned a Fusion before. Spending an extra 50 bucks for oil for a year's use is a non-issue. It costs me $250 to walk into Sam's Club to stock up on water. I'm going to run the oil for at least a year and likely in excess of 20k miles. I've run Amsoil Signature Series to 20k miles in my F150. I've also run Super Tech and that worked fine too. Didn't run that to 20k, though. Now, I'm going to try HPL - bougie as it may be.

"Expensive boutique" is one way to put it. "Quality" and "You get what you pay for" is another. If I didn't have to pay for shipping, the cost would only be an extra 30 bucks/yr compared to "cheap" oil. It's OK, my wife says not to buy her anything for Christmas anyway.

Last edited:
Back