JT20's Subaru

You mentioned using a 2.0L impreza computer. That would work without other problems ONLY if:
1) It was a 2.0 4-EAT setup
2) The computers are pinned EXACTLY the same -- some brands you can do this , some brands you cannot. Do not know about Subaru.
3) The gearing is the same
4) It's also MAP

With that said, you aren't going to find a NA 2.0L impreza with 4.44 gears. So you'll have all sorts of speed sensor codes. So the impreza computer would be a no-go. You can get away with this on vehicles that use the tailshaft to set the speed, but something that runs off of the ABS sensors will have problems

The gas mileage you were posting isn't really terrible for a 2002 outback. Subaru's AWD system is not the most fuel efficient and the gearing causes it to scream on the highway.
I am only dividing the miles traveled by amount of gas that goes in. I don't know if that is the most scientific method, but it sure is ballparking it.

I did put my Fumoto valve on today.

The most "screaming on the highway" car I had yet was my 4EAT Corolla. That car really needed its 5th gear.. My understanding is they got it in 97 or 98 and later, in the body style I like slightly less, in the Prizm/Corolla before whatever they did with it in 2002.

So. Is this another vote for the "leave it as it is"? I'd rather be coming out of this the right way, but we are having great discussion so, what would be what you would do. ?

No.

No sensor change is going to fix anything, you need a different (proper) fuel map for the engine you have in your ECM. I suggest contacting the people in the link I just provided.

I believe you're on to something.

I was instructed to, and able to get, this..

Why am I hearing only occasional "water movement" sounds from the dash? Heat works well.. ?

I think the one about the Infiniti got nuked, along with the other one about his date.
It's still there, just locked.

Didn't read the one about his date so no idea what happened.

Wonder if he’s back under a new name yet.
SNL Jeopardy Keanu YET.jpg

Let’s not speculate about former members in public. I think it’s a bit inappropriate. It’s sort of personal.

I miss him I really do and I wanted to see the progress on his car but oh well. I got a good laugh out of some of his posts then when he passed me on the reaction score is when I got in competition mode while also trying to keep my posts number down LOL. We talked over PM a lot seemed like a really nice guy I liked his birds too.

Back