2022 Subaru BRZ / Toyota GR86 - The ultimate affordable driving machine!

Scalpel indeed. The light weight lower power is a lot of fun in its own ways. I guess i should buy both.

I'd buy them all if I could! Honestly, they're all great buys and you can't go wrong with either one. Basically comes down to personal preference at this point.

I'd buy them all if I could! Honestly, they're all great buys and you can't go wrong with either one. Basically comes down to personal preference at this point.
The way the car market has been in the past 5 years for enthusiast cars, either one might prove to be an okay investment if garaged and low miles added. I doubt they sell the camaro or the 86 for more than a few more years.

LOL. Please, by all means show me which article I posted is from early 2020 likes yours.

Who cares if it's Toyota Canada? Here's Toyota USA:

It's the same announcement... do we need to go through every Toyota global website?

Mistakes happen to the best of us and when they do there's much more respect in taking it like a man and admitting you were wrong. Not backtracking like a weasel and casting shade on the other side with lies. Next time check your own facts before accusing the other party of not even reading them.

This is Internet forums in a nutshell; where people just work search engines to generate the material they need to win arguments, even though they actually have no idea what they're really talking about.

That is correct where is the Toyota USA announcement, different countries often get different models as is often the case with the Euro manufacturers. For years some cars available in some countries were also available in Canada but not the US and vice versa.

Nothing wrong with using a search engine for info on something you want to know and have heard about you are doing it yourself and calling me a weasel? So what if the date is different from one article to the other I explained why I thought it still may come.
To be frank with you I have a very low opinion of you, I don't see much automotive knowledge just what you scrape off the web. How many post did you have under your previous name?

Last edited:
The way the car market has been in the past 5 years for enthusiast cars, either one might prove to be an okay investment if garaged and low miles added. I doubt they sell the camaro or the 86 for more than a few more years.

I think it'll be a good investment as long as you keep it in good condition even with miles. But definitely see all of these becoming a rarity in the future. Even if it's not all electric in the future, I'm sure we'll be littered with hybrids. And while a hybrid/electric may put out even better performance, just won't be the same as a good old ICE vehicle. I see the cars today becoming what the 90s/00 are present day.

I will probably buy one of these and turn it into a garage queen. As far as turbo vs. non-turbo, I think for this car I wouldn't choose the turbo if they offered it. My Golf R was really only fun to drive when doing things that really weren't suitable for public roads. There is such a thing as a car being TOO sorted. Gobs of HP and traction have their limitations if you live in the real world.

I will probably buy one of these and turn it into a garage queen. As far as turbo vs. non-turbo, I think for this car I wouldn't choose the turbo if they offered it. My Golf R was really only fun to drive when doing things that really weren't suitable for public roads. There is such a thing as a car being TOO sorted. Gobs of HP and traction have their limitations if you live in the real world.
It would be interesting to put some skinny all seasons on these, I guess Toyota did do this with the Prius tires on the original FRS but it seems the only press people who care about fun driving also wanted grip on the track for a momentum car... My Dad had a 91 Miata for a while in the early 2000's with the original tires and it was fun just zipping around corners in town with some silent slip angles at pretty low speeds really. I also used to enjoy my 95 Neon on 155/80R13 winter tires in the early spring on windy roads in the wet, as you could push the limits of the car without speeding much at all.

Back