Jeep Factory AGM batteries

Did a 48 hr parasitic drain test . . . bad battery, which is what my first suspicion was. All else was up to spec.
Costco has good prices on Interstate AGMs. Also Battery Plus stores carry Duracell AGMs made by East Penn. If you order online, and pick up in store, you get 10% off. They also have periodic rebates as well.

Costco has good prices on Interstate AGMs. Also Battery Plus stores carry Duracell AGMs made by East Penn. If you order online, and pick up in store, you get 10% off. They also have periodic rebates as well.
Just checked, Costco sells the Interstate AGM H7 for $185. Three year free replacement warranty

It was replaced under warranty at no cost to me. When the warranty period on this one expires, I'm likely to consider other alternatives for when it comes time to replace it.

Purchased a 2019 Cherokee limited 3.2 the other day. I joined a Jeep Cherokee forum to see what issues owners are having. Battery failures are high on the list. Just being low can cause various electrical issues including shifting!. The factory AGM batteries start failing frequently in the third year. Can somebody answer my questions.

Do I have to stay with AGM for some reason?
Can I go back to regular lead acid?
Can I still use my batteryminder 1510 to maintain AGM?

Thanks
Your Batteryminder 1510 is not to be used with AGM batteries. Batteryminder recommends the 2012 for most AGM batteries and their 2012-AGM for Odyssey and Optima AGM batteries.

IFU: https://www.batteryminders.com/1510-12-volt-maintenance-charger-desfulator-with-warranty

Back