It's that time again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: cp3
Feel free to keep that stuff down there!
Originally Posted By: redhat
Ah come'on! I want to share the wealth!

Feel free to keep white stuff UP THERE, no need to share the wealth !!!

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: TallPaul
I have center caps but kind of like the raw look of exposed lug nuts:

Until they seize on... Probably a reason why the caps are there...

I am not concerned. They are decorative and to some extent protective. Wheels have rusted under hub caps. Rotating the tires every 6000 miles will keep the lug nuts from getting too settled in.

Originally Posted By: redhat
I couldn't have picked a better time to put the snows on. I didn't even think we would get this, but we got some wet sloppy.

Was able to wait till the end of December in my neck of New York, have the same setup on my Accord Blizzaks on steel (no tpms).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cp3
I'm not putting sensors in either.

My son thinks he may be able to disable the system at work though their scanner. Might also be the possibility that the system disables it self after so long without picking up the sensors.

I think this is a better idea than having a chime and message, on top of the constant light, each time the vehicle is started as my mother has in her Pontiac van.

UPDATE:
Installed my winters on Saturday with no TPMS sensors. First drive I got the warnings in the EVIC and flashing light. Now there is no flashing light and the only indication is in the Tire Pressure section of the EVIC it says N/A.

I like the way Chrysler has done it.

I hope to change mine over this week or upcoming weekend. Have to buy new tires first! My set of snows is just about worn out (thanks in no small part to an unseasonably dry and warm winter a couple years ago). Don't want to chance it if we get a lot of snow and my tires are worn (here in the Chicago area we usually get more salt than snow, but at least my pretty factory alloys still look brand new).

Here's when they were new:

anyi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back