It's August in NJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 3pm today the temp is only 70*F, this is August 28th, not October 28th. I'm in NJ, the mid Atlantic region. This has been a summer less summer for us. If this keeps up it doesn't bode well for the fall and winter temps. Heating oil is still around $3.50/gallon. I keep my house at 62 max, still costs me a bloody fortune to heat a 1,040 sq ft range. I remember back in 1981 when heating oil reached $0.85/gallon during the second oil "crisis". And my pay today in "numerical dollars" is back to what I got in 1981. Though today's dollar's buy a fraction of what they did in 1981.

Whimsey

Yes, it's been a weird summer here in Michigan. I have had to turn on the heat a couple of nights when the low got down into the 40's.

This summer has been amazing for temps here in southern NY (IMHO anyway). Nice and sunny, warm but no where near the heat and humidity of 2013. My kinda summer! Any temp above 90F with humidity I'd rather not.

weird here to. july was smoking hot. now in august we drive to work with the heater on and im just south of death valley!

some rain would be nice. have not seen a real rain in over a year

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
It's global warming.............er, climate change...........er

Leaves are already falling here, and it's not even September. I can count the 90F days this summer on half of one hand.

Old Farmers is forecasting another brutal winter. I knew that last winter.

One of my hobbies is solar physics. Penn & Livingston are being proven right. We may be heading into a Grand Minimum. The historical statistics do not bode well for warmth, or the warmists.

There's a reason we now have a full-size 4x4.

Solar physics trumps climate "science" with me. It ain't cow farts.

After I saw where the Farmer's Almanac predicted a cold Winter I have already started preparing. I have ordered new weather stripping for all 3 exterior doors and new tires for the Explorer. This year I want to be ahead of the weather. Mild Summer here in NC. Below average temps.

It's foul as usual here: nearly 90 F. (and sometimes more) every day, with 90% humidity at dawn and 50% or more during the day. Low temps? Ha. 80-82 F. with that 90% wetness, so the heat index is sometimes 90.

Suffice it to say I haven't noticed any appreciable dropping of summer temps here.

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
It's foul as usual here: nearly 90 F. (and sometimes more) every day, with 90% humidity at dawn and 50% or more during the day. Low temps? Ha. 80-82 F. with that 90% wetness, so the heat index is sometimes 90.

Suffice it to say I haven't noticed any appreciable dropping of summer temps here.

where is "da swamp" ? you might as well be in Cambodia, or Vietnam.hang in there. that weather will soon be gone.

Gonna be a cold wrap up to the year guys, accept it
frown.gif
Sure a few hot systems will lick the Great Lakes region in the next few weeks, but "below seasonal" for another winter.

But it's fine people have a song from a disney movie about a frozen wasteland to sing all winter...

I post this composite surface temp map every time! observe regularly
smile.gif

http://weather.unisys.com/surface/sfc_con.php?image=na&inv=0&t=cur

Last edited:
It has been a furnace in these parts for weeks now. Last Sunday after Church I worked on my wife's car. Temp was 102 degrees, (actual temp with no heat index). Then it rained for about five minutes which really ramped things up. Imagine my shock when [censored] walked by saying, "I'm going back to hades - it's cooler down there!"

It's gonna be 109 tomorrow and 110 on Saturday here in Phoenix. The summer has not been kind to us at all

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
It's gonna be 109 tomorrow and 110 on Saturday here in Phoenix. The summer has not been kind to us at all

How was last winter for ya?

Originally Posted By: Volvohead
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
It's global warming.............er, climate change...........er

Leaves are already falling here, and it's not even September. I can count the 90F days this summer on half of one hand.

Old Farmers is forecasting another brutal winter.

Old Farmers "forecasted" a brutal summer, this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back