Its 1955. What oil are you using?

I used Steen C in my 1968 Yamaha 125 CC Asic !!
Well, now we're into the 60s. I used an early synthetic 2-stoke oil in my Yamaha ... maybe Klotz, but not sure:
Me on Yamah.JPG

I wasn't born yet either. But had I been of driving age back then:

Knowing what I know today? Schaeffer.

Knowing what I knew when I first started driving? Valvoline.

Well, now we're into the 60s. I used an early synthetic 2-stoke oil in my Yamaha ... maybe Klotz, but not sure:
View attachment 44372
Yeah ,I used Klotz or Bel-ray or Golden Spectro over the yamalube/suzukilube stuff lots less spark plug problems...
Golden Spectro was my fav premix in motocross bikes.....I loved the smell of 2 stroke premix in the morning!

Yeah ,I used Klotz or Bel-ray or Golden Spectro over the yamalube/suzukilube stuff lots less spark plug problems...
Golden Spectro was my fav premix in motocross bikes.....I loved the smell of 2 stroke premix in the morning!
Funny you mention 2 stroke oil. I never have messed with 2 strokes, but I just started collecting vintage snowmobile oil. Bought one of those off Facebook the other night.

Attachments

• vintage-arctic-cat-purple-powerlube_1_ac700f27cd93b13217228f86c56cb31a.jpg
    vintage-arctic-cat-purple-powerlube_1_ac700f27cd93b13217228f86c56cb31a.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 7
I was born in August of 1955 . Dad had a 53 Chev 2 door he had bought new . Don't know what oil he used but when I was a few years old I recall it not starting when hot and him cussing it out . Likely had a sinple vapor lock issue.

In the early 50’s, people changed their oil every 1000 miles. Then Kendal came out with a new oil, with their logo of a hand and two fingers. Still used today. On their commercials, they shouted, “Kendal, the TWO, TWO, Two Thousand Mile Oil”.
In my '52 Ford V8 I'm using Texaco Havoline 20W. Only brand available in all 48 states.

Back