Issues with this site and IE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know why IE won't keep me logged in on this site? As soon as a log in and change pages, I get logged out. Cookies are enabled, and I have no issues with other discussion forums. Both my computers have this issue. Firefox works fine though.

I have had that problem in the past with IE as well. I never could figure it out. As you note, other browsers seem to work correctly. I very rarely use IE, so I never really looked too much into it.

im using firefox and having trouble,the background is now white and all writing is blue, is this normal

JHZR2

Staff member
Its not just IE. I get it on safari and firefox on the mac, iPhone and iPad... As well as IE on windows.

I use mac and safari, and only very rarely lose my log in. As in every couple days, and then I kinda think it has something to do with other things I do. Although I know very very little about computers.

Oldswagon

Well good to know that I am not the only one with issues. I have stopped posting on here mostly because of the annoyance of this problem. Usually I just read threads now...

I thought it was just my computer. I rarely sign in anymore as a result of the issue.

<span style="font-family: 'Verdana'">Internet Explorer? People still use that browser? I thought only the public library used that browser.</span>

I did some digging, and it looks like it's a problem with the new version of the board's software, UBB 7.5.8. As mentioned above, a "cookie" stores your login information on your pc. It sounds like UBB 7.5.8 sets cookies to expire after 7 days, no matter what you change that variable to. I'm looking around for a solution, but it sounds like there might not be one until UBB releases an update. http://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/254570/1

dnewton3

Staff member
Sadly, some of us are "stuck" with IE due to large corporate lethargic IT departments ... At work I have practically zero control over my computer. I understand why, but that does not make it any less painful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.