Issues with this site and IE

Does anyone know why IE won't keep me logged in on this site? As soon as a log in and change pages, I get logged out. Cookies are enabled, and I have no issues with other discussion forums. Both my computers have this issue. Firefox works fine though.

I have had that problem in the past with IE as well. I never could figure it out. As you note, other browsers seem to work correctly. I very rarely use IE, so I never really looked too much into it.

JHZR2

Staff member
Its not just IE. I get it on safari and firefox on the mac, iPhone and iPad... As well as IE on windows.

I use mac and safari, and only very rarely lose my log in. As in every couple days, and then I kinda think it has something to do with other things I do. Although I know very very little about computers.

Oldswagon

Well good to know that I am not the only one with issues. I have stopped posting on here mostly because of the annoyance of this problem. Usually I just read threads now...

<span style="font-family: 'Verdana'">Internet Explorer? People still use that browser? I thought only the public library used that browser.</span>

I did some digging, and it looks like it's a problem with the new version of the board's software, UBB 7.5.8. As mentioned above, a "cookie" stores your login information on your pc. It sounds like UBB 7.5.8 sets cookies to expire after 7 days, no matter what you change that variable to. I'm looking around for a solution, but it sounds like there might not be one until UBB releases an update. http://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/254570/1

dnewton3

Staff member
Sadly, some of us are "stuck" with IE due to large corporate lethargic IT departments ... At work I have practically zero control over my computer. I understand why, but that does not make it any less painful.

Last edited: