Issues with this site and IE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know why IE won't keep me logged in on this site? As soon as a log in and change pages, I get logged out. Cookies are enabled, and I have no issues with other discussion forums. Both my computers have this issue. Firefox works fine though.

I have had that problem in the past with IE as well. I never could figure it out. As you note, other browsers seem to work correctly. I very rarely use IE, so I never really looked too much into it.

im using firefox and having trouble,the background is now white and all writing is blue, is this normal

Its not just IE. I get it on safari and firefox on the mac, iPhone and iPad... As well as IE on windows.

I use mac and safari, and only very rarely lose my log in. As in every couple days, and then I kinda think it has something to do with other things I do. Although I know very very little about computers.

Well good to know that I am not the only one with issues. I have stopped posting on here mostly because of the annoyance of this problem. Usually I just read threads now...

I thought it was just my computer. I rarely sign in anymore as a result of the issue.

I did some digging, and it looks like it's a problem with the new version of the board's software, UBB 7.5.8. As mentioned above, a "cookie" stores your login information on your pc. It sounds like UBB 7.5.8 sets cookies to expire after 7 days, no matter what you change that variable to. I'm looking around for a solution, but it sounds like there might not be one until UBB releases an update.

http://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/254570/1

Sadly, some of us are "stuck" with IE due to large corporate lethargic IT departments ...

At work I have practically zero control over my computer. I understand why, but that does not make it any less painful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back