Is Valvoline Really That Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by KieferS:
And we wonder why the economy is the way it is.

meaning.....
confused.gif

quote:

your cheating an honest american company; im not saying i wouldn't do it- but....

I'm not cheating, the oil will go in 3 different cars, a 2005 Honda Accord, a 2005 Mercury Mariner, and 2005 Mazda 6. Sorry but we are car poor. rofl

I have changed my mind about what oil to use over 10 times since i joined this site. I jsut want to pick an oil my dub loves and stick with it. I was going to use valvoline durablend- but after knowing that they don't use as many detergents in there oil- im going with mobil 7500. They were willing to tell me how much of there semi was synt. AND its cheaper AND it has more detergents than valvoline. it seems like a match.

quote:

your cheating an honest american company; im not saying i wouldn't do it- but....

If oil companies were honest, then they would tell us the % amount of synthetic on the back of their syn-blend jugs.

Hopefully the poster-here who applied for (3) different Maxlife rebates used three different email addresses and three different names.

Otherwise... don't hold your breath awaiting #2 and #3 rebates.

Read or heard somewhere that 'blends' are never more than 30% synthetic.

Quaker State had two blends available for a few years. Priced different; assumed one with higher price had more syn., but no way of knowing.

quote:

Originally posted by rd:
All I know is a number of years ago I got a case of valvoline on sale and put in a 1978 chevy malibu v6
all the lobes on the cam went and a con rod bearing.
Thought it was just my luck
put some of the same case of oil into a riding lawn mower a month or two later
guess what con. rod siezed and broke
Last valvoline I ever bought

ditto on my triumph bonneville in the late '80s
vulvoline 20w50 in a rebuilt engine, wiped out both new cams, 4 followers and scored the stems on the valves

that stuff is for water cooled multi cylinder low-medium performance use
thumbsdown.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Triple_Se7en:

quote:

If oil companies were honest, then they would tell us the % amount of synthetic on the back of their syn-blend jugs.

Hopefully the poster-here who applied for (3) different Maxlife rebates used three different email addresses and three different names.

Otherwise... don't hold your breath awaiting #2 and #3 rebates.

We used three different address, names and email addresses.. As I said above it is going in 3 different cars. I dont feel we are cheating..

All I know is a number of years ago I got a case of valvoline on sale and put in a 1978 chevy malibu v6
all the lobes on the cam went and a con rod bearing.
Thought it was just my luck
put some of the same case of oil into a riding lawn mower a month or two later
guess what con. rod siezed and broke
Last valvoline I ever bought

I cashed in 4 rebates. If anything, I feel like Valvoline got the best deal becuase their marketing campaign succeeded.

quote:

Originally posted by Zaedock:
Goose- take a little ride south into Mass and you'll probably find Maxlife boxes for $7.50 too.
I went to my Mother-in-laws in Hudson and WM didn't have the Maxlife on sale. We were also up in North Conway and they didn't have it on sale there either.

MaxLife is going in my ride this weekend
grin.gif

But then I'll have to pay sales tax....I'm digging this tax free living in NH ya know
fruit.gif

My car has about another year to go before I'll be in Maxlife territory...I wish Wally sold it in 5W20 as that is what I put in my wife's Vue

Goose
patriot.gif

PS how many miles on the ride you are putting the Maxlife in Zae?

dwendt44
Member # 12688

posted 12 July, 2006 23:20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Read or heard somewhere that 'blends' are never more than 30% synthetic.

Quaker State had two blends available for a few years. Priced different; assumed one with higher price had more syn., but no way of knowing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 63 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: May 2006 | IP: Logged |

I also read here that Motorcraft is 50/50 and Pennzoil Truck&SUV is 45/45 the other 10% is additves. So if you have better UOA with a blend than a regular dino just go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back