Is this a bed bug?

Not a bedbug or stink bug it is a type of beetle probably a grain weevil of some sort. Check and grain food boxes or pet food for more and throw them away

Only grain I keep around is a 25-pound bag of rice. I use the bag every week though and subsequently rummage around the rice to see any obvious signs of contamination. I do have flour at the moment too but I almost never use flour for anything so it's a rare time for flour to be in the townhouse. The kitchen is pretty spotless though, would they travel ~20ft from the kitchen to the bathroom?

They can be in old spices, pasta boxes, anything old like that. If you go threw and don't find anything it could have come from outside or if you are in a townhome, maybe a neighbor. Wouldn't worry about it unless they become prevalent

Reactions: Pew
If it is a stink bug, then for the love of God, don't use a vacuum cleaner (shop vac) to catch it...especially if there are several of them...

I found one more in the spare bathroom dead and one more in the master bathroom almost dead. I don't understand how they're getting there or why the bathroom. Both bathrooms don't have any exterior walls either unless they're getting in via the fog vents. That's my thumbnail in the picture, and I got small hands.

PXL_20221020_024322004.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20221020_024302294.jpg
    PXL_20221020_024302294.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 6
I found one more in the spare bathroom dead and one more in the master bathroom almost dead. I don't understand how they're getting there or why the bathroom. Both bathrooms don't have any exterior walls either unless they're getting in via the fog vents. That's my thumbnail in the picture, and I got small hands.

View attachment 121989
That looks like a weevil.

1666234953905.png

Back