is there a list of factory recommended weights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have the original owners manual for my 93 s10 Blazer or 03 Town Country.

Also would like to have reference when helping out friends with their oil changes.

Does anyone know of a master list somewhere that might have the recommended weights for oil and other fluids on all years of cars?

pennzoil site has an oil selector that helps you decide, but the best thing is to look on the vehicle itself. most gm's in the 90's ran 5w-30 or 10w-30 and based that on climate. that town and country probably calls for the same. my 05 durango with the V8 calls for 5w-30 but i have used 10 quit a bit.

Thanks for the tips and sites to look at.

After posting this I had remembered about the Autozone repair guide on their site and joel95ex got it right on with what AZ's guide said :)

It said 93 S10 Blazer takes 5w30 or 10w30 but recommended 5w30 except in extreme heat.

It said 5w30 only for T&C.

I put in 10w30 in the T&C in my first do-it-youself oil change in many, many years last month. But I didn't realize how much oil affects fuel economy after reading through this site, so I'm gonna go to 5w30 next OCI and see how it fairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back