Is stp pro series intake cleaner a CC too?

As title says, stop intake cleaner. Goes for about $39 AutoZone.grey plastic timer, intake tube insert. Looks like Nate's automotive YouTube's it cleaned up valves terrifically good! The box only seems too market it as a valve cleaner ...
Can would does this stp product also clean the combustion chamber too? Thiers not one word or mention of that. It does say clean up carbon deposits,but it's marketed at the valves ...

Hmmm! :unsure:
Maybe STP didn't test it for CC. I would take them at their word that it's only for valves and buy something that cleans the whole system if that's the type of product you seek. IDK if anyone here at Bob's would actually know about this STP product unless they used it with a borescope to look inside. Maybe someone who has done this will chime. (y)

I am not a fan of STP anything. STP = Studebaker Testing Products.
That's what I learned too call stp way back 1995 era as a 20 year old doing my first n own oil changes on my own. Don't remember where I learned it.

Hmmm! :unsure:
Maybe STP didn't test it for CC. I would take them at their word that it's only for valves and buy something that cleans the whole system if that's the type of product you seek. IDK if anyone here at Bob's would actually know about this STP product unless they used it with a borescope to look inside. Maybe someone who has done this will chime. (y)
Yeah,the box package 📦 s marketed at valves only and the pic inbox just shows valves no piston tops..so led me to believe it's only. Really for valves. But the words advertising removes carbon deposits ...you know one of those things you ask.

Yeah,the box package 📦 s marketed at valves only and the pic inbox just shows valves no piston tops..so led me to believe it's only. Really for valves. But the words advertising removes carbon deposits ...you know one of those things you ask.
Or maybe too,
1) If they did test the STP for combustion chamber cleaning, it didn't do as well as they would have liked but still needed to get it to market?
2) And maybe didn't want to put in more time/money into the project?

I don't have any actual proof to answer the question but I would think that if the product claims that it cleans carbon - then anywhere carbon is in the path of the cleaner such passing over the valves to the pistons, I would say it would clean it. I normally use CRC for DI valve service but was considering giving the STP a try one day but the price is just too high when I can get 3 cans of CRC for one STP.

Back