Is" Mowing The Lawn" A Mans Job ?

When I was a kid my mom rode the riding mower and my dad did the edging with what is now a cool, sought-after 2-stroke lawn boy.

I just "upgraded" my mower with two of those, and couldn't be happier even if they can be a bit more cantankerous to start than 4 stroke B&S I have here also.

My wife enjoys mowing so she usually does it. I usually handle edging, weedwacking, blower, etc…

I've been mowing for 60 years, except for 4 years in the military. Three years ago, I finally broke down and got a self-propelled push mower. Mowing roughly a half-acre for the past 17 years. I have no joy or love of any kind for the task.

As for women mowing, I tell my wife that nearly all the lawn mowing I see being done in our area is being done by women. Strangely, that has become true. Some of the homes are owned by old order Mennonites, however. In seriousness, I have nearly quit doing any indoor housework, so it's a tradeoff. I do nearly all of the laundry, however.

Then there's the snow removal.

As a motorcyclist, I hope you aren't really blowing fresh grass clippings on the road.
With a post like that, you really come across as someone who’d stop and confront anyone if there is so much as a blade of grass on a public roadway.
8390C81A-DF1F-4801-AAC1-6EABC9B37100.jpeg

I’d say it’s either. I will only mow with a riding mower though. My back hurts enough so I choose not to push mow. Make someone else do that lol. We have all mowed at my house. I prefer paying someone to do it but I will do at least part of it. Plus our push mower will take you for a spin lol. If you squeeze the handle all the way you won’t be able to control it.
You’re 20 years old! There should be nothing wrong with your back at your age.

If your back hurts now, you need to change how you’re standing and moving at work, and start doing some stretching, and exercising, right away.

Seriously.

Or you will live a life of pain and infirmity.

I’m nearly 59, and I can spend all day working on cars without my back hurting, and I can easily mow the lawn with a push mower, or split wood with an axe, afterwards.

I’d say it’s either. I will only mow with a riding mower though. My back hurts enough so I choose not to push mow. Make someone else do that lol. We have all mowed at my house. I prefer paying someone to do it but I will do at least part of it. Plus our push mower will take you for a spin lol. If you squeeze the handle all the way you won’t be able to control it.
Not to get off topic but you really seriously need to take care of your back. Exercise and lift properly. Learn how to lift properly. Give your back some rest. See a Ciropractor and educate yourself before you do permanent damage. When I was young I ignored my back and now I pay for it a lot.

With a post like that, you really come across as someone who’d stop and confront anyone if there is so much as a blade of grass on a public roadway.
Recently on the "local" Facebook group, someone "reported" a street / house that had grass blown into the road. You should have seen it.... The best one was from some woman, i.e. "old lady" to a biker, who was sitting at a bar drinking, and replying on FB. Threatening to round up a bunch of bikers.... and do what ?? Throwing out sayings like "us biker families 'ride as one'" and "two wheels up".

I hope no motorist of any sort is going so fast that they can't see obstacles that could cause wrecks without having time to slow down.

That said, I had to swerve six inches to avoid a banana peel one time when I was on my bike.

It's only a mans job if you got a manly tractor.... x500 or above JD, a "Bad Boyz" mower, etc.

Back