Is it just me? 94 degrees, 36% humidity. Really don't need the AC...

A few years ago it got up to 114* here and we lost power right in the heat of the day. My wife was having heart trouble at the time so we went out and drove around in the car with the AC blasting. I have worked out in the sun in 117* heat and while I didn't die I downed a lot of water and never went pee. Long sleeves and big hats are a must.

A few years ago it got up to 114* here and we lost power right in the heat of the day. My wife was having heart trouble at the time so we went out and drove around in the car with the AC blasting. I have worked out in the sun in 117* heat and while I didn't die I downed a lot of water and never went pee. Long sleeves and big hats are a must.

Why long sleeves? I've come to hate me long sleeve anything.

Reminds me of one day, more than 10 years ago.. for some reason, every temporary Labor Ready job involves moving furniture... well, on this particular day, it was at least 105 degrees and it was a rich person HUGE house with downstairs and upstairs and big, heavy furniture... first week June...

We all drank a bottle of water every 15 minutes.. I was younger then...

To answer your question about humidity. Currantly 9% in death valley.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220531-164954.jpg
    Screenshot_20220531-164954.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 5
Humidity makes all difference.

I would much prefer 100 with 15% humidity than I would 70 with 95% humidity. Same can be said for when it's cold...basically it makes you feel colder when it's cold, and hotter when it's "warm".

I do a lot of recreational activity just south of Houston, and my god you're dumping buckets of sweat at 6:30AM in the summers. Winter time even 40 degrees can be brutal.

I recall recently meeting up with some people (in Houston) who had driven straight in from North Dakota for the event. We were all freezing our asses off in low 40s temps, and 20ish mph winds. They indicated it was worse than the negative temps they'd left behind at home; I don't think it was trying to placate their Houston hosts either.

Where did you get this 36% number? Some cheezy home weather station? Those are not... precise.

Your dew point should be around 63'F which to me at least is not refreshing, though the breeze may bring a windchill chart into play.

Dew point is a fantastic measure of humidity because it's so granular-- a few degrees make a big difference.

There is always water vapor in the air. When someone says "no humidity" they're exaggerating. Air can absorb phenomenally less water when it's very cold, so its absolute humidity will be higher albeit with a lower dew point.

Where did you get this 36% number? Some cheezy home weather station? Those are not... precise.

Your dew point should be around 63'F which to me at least is not refreshing, though the breeze may bring a windchill chart into play.

Dew point is a fantastic measure of humidity because it's so granular-- a few degrees make a big difference.

There is always water vapor in the air. When someone says "no humidity" they're exaggerating. Air can absorb phenomenally less water when it's very cold, so its absolute humidity will be higher albeit with a lower dew point.

Google. They are Google numbers.

Google runs the world.

I figure too they also keep you shielded from the sun. I always see landscapers wearing hats and long sleeves during the summers.
Yes, you will get plenty burnt out under the sun. You need protection. And yes you can wet yourself down and cool off.

Back