Is Chevron Supreme Synthetic a PAO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christopher R. Wise, both Castrol and Valvoline reps also "confirmed" that their synthetics were PAO and not Group III (post 1999) ... and it turned out not to be true. You're information is probably correct ... but I wouldn't bet a million dollars on it.

But I would put more faith in it than the North Caroline State procurement process.
rolleyes.gif

--- Bror Jace

The Standards Division of the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services watches motor oil. They're the most aggressive state in the nation it would seem. They busted a supermarket for selling counterfeit SA-rated oil.
Article

I would then not be suprised if they were stringent in purchasing for their own fleets.

i know the conventional chevron supreme is good, but what about the synthetic?

what about havoline synthetic? i've heard good things about havoline and chevron supreme dinos, but what about their synthetics?

o'reilly's offers havoline synthetic now!

Originally Posted By: engineer20

what about havoline synthetic? i've heard good things about havoline and chevron supreme dinos, but what about their synthetics?

Oh my God, I thought reviving old threads was done with you...

This one is nearly 11 YEARS OLD!

Chevron makes great oil!
Havoline makes great oil!
Their synthetics are great oils!

Seriously, you need to read the dates before responding to a thread. In 2003 SL was the latest API standard. Since then there have been many changes to oil formulations, additives, and base oils. So the info in this thread in no longer relevant.

Seems you've asked these same questions before. Pick an oil the meets the requirements of your vehicle, follow the recommended OCI, and you'll be fine.

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
Trolling trolling trolling, keep them doggies trolling.
Troll 'em up troll 'em down!

+1

A few months ago there was a person on here that kept on asking questions over and over again regarding "PYB vs Mobil Clean" and was reviving decade old threads much like this person. Their posts were eventually deleted by the moderators and I believe the user was suspended. I'm beginning to wonder if this is the same person using a different user name.

There's nothing wrong with asking questions, that's how we all learn. However, there should be some etiquette and thought put into the relevance and informational value of a post before making one. Not to mention searching the archives to see if your question has already been answered...

Last edited:
i greatly apologize
i agree, i need to follow BOTOG etiquette

i don't want any trouble, i just want to learn more about oil, but I should be mindful of this forum's etiquette, i'm sorry

i only revived this because this is what I did: i saw oreilly's had havoline synthetic in their ad for the month, so then i googled havoline synthetic and chevron supremem synthetic and this showed up as one of the first results, so i asked my questions here

i didn't pay attention to the dates, i just saw the content and posted

Originally Posted By: chriscreags
Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
Trolling trolling trolling, keep them doggies trolling.
Troll 'em up troll 'em down!

+1

A few months ago there was a person on here that kept on asking questions over and over again regarding "PYB vs Mobil Clean" and was reviving decade old threads much like this person. Their posts were eventually deleted by the moderators and I believe the user was suspended. I'm beginning to wonder if this is the same person using a different user name.

There's nothing wrong with asking questions, that's how we all learn. However, there should be some etiquette and thought put into the relevance and informational value of a post before making one. Not to mention searching the archives to see if your question has already been answered...
i greatly apologize

i don't want any trouble, i just want to learn more about oil, but I should be mindful of this forum's etiquette, i'm sorry

i only revived this because this is what I did: i saw oreilly's had havoline synthetic in their ad for the month, so then i googled havoline synthetic and chevron supremem synthetic and this showed up as one of the first results, so i asked my questions here

Yeah.

You should be advised that there is already a recent thread on Havoline synthetic oil on the top or second page here, which getting more attention due to it being available at Advance for cheap. Stop bumping ancient threads and maybe pay attention to the newer ones.

If you read the label, Havoline meets Dexos1 and the Honda/Acura HTO-06 turbo spec., so obviously it's at least a very competent oil. I have some and will be using it next year or over the winter...

Last edited:
i greatly apologize

Want to learn about oil...here you go.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/motor-oil-101/

There is not an oil that can totally prevent wear and allow your engine to go on forever. Any oil that meets your cars specs and is changed per OEM OCI's will, in most cases, allow the engine to outlast the rest of the car.

Most people don't trade their car due to internal engine wear. They trade because they want a change, or because they are having issues with A/C, suspension, electronic modules, and the list goes on. Rarely due to engines. The brand of oil is irrelevant for the most part as long a reasonable service schedule is followed and the oil meets specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back