Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's market was ragged, but I see some stabilization taking place. I'm betting the rest of the week is up.

Unfortunately I don't see (longer term) strong support for the S&P until about 50 more points down.
dunno.gif

GLW is up 1 cent in after-hours trading.
Lunch money.....
grin.gif

Can someone explain to me why I got in long today?
dunno.gif
It was near the end of the day, but I think I am being overly optimistic based on certain patterns I am seeing.

Amkeer - you do have emotions after all?
grin.gif

The chicken littles need to sell and run in these kind of markets (all kinds really). "Chicken little" has nothing to do with the size or name or richness of the shareholders.

I've been saying it....where does the money go next? I wish I knew for certain, but it will come back to he market on the next good news. I've got time.

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
VASO was up .17 today! What quote service are you using?

VASO

P,

I know.....I meant the haven't made a significant move....like $1 or so. When are they gonna get out of the toilet?

GM,

I know KKD has much more in store, scandal wise. Nevertheless, once they beging to settle down, they will rebound back. Look at MSO......it's gone from $9 to almost $30!

The first 3 trading days of 05 have been red. Two more to go. I really hope the theory is wrong.

quote:

Can someone explain to me why I got in long today?

I'm doing the same thing, Amkeer. Bought some blue chips that look very oversold on the charts, hoping to squeeze a few bucks out of them on a bounce.....

This afternoon is critical; if buying comes in we're OK for awhile, if there's selling, look out below.

This year is going to be a trader's market, up and down. I don't see big gains for any of the averages, single digits at best.....

Pretty weird trading day. I sold and took profits in CMGI then turn around and bought back at my original entry price.
dunno.gif
This market has me confused. I am not comfortable holding longs and not confident enough that we have further tankage to open shorts.

The market could have easily tanked today since oil is up and the news wasn't great, but it didn't. That was encouraging to me and I reopened some positions.

OT the flu is nasty
frown.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Amkeer:
lol.gif

It ain't funny, man! I just went from +11.13% to -1.7%.....in only 3 days
mad.gif

I really wanted to take profit on monday.....but decided not to mess with it.
banghead.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Amkeer:
Pretty weird trading day. I sold and took profits in CMGI then turn around and bought back at my original entry price.
frown.gif

At least you made a profit. I got stopped out. for a loss then rebought it again higher than I got stopped at.

Hold CMGI, I think in the next few months you will see a handsome profit on it.

I'll probably be buying a position in sony here soon.

quote:

At $37.88, Sony (SNE) tades at about 30% of its all-time high, leaving lots of upside for contrarians.

And its price/sales ratio of 0.49 is incredibly cheap compared to the Audio-and-Video-Equipment-Industry average of 4.71. This is good news for value investors.

Its debt/equity ratio of 0.507 shows that it's well financed.

I believe that, because of Sony's valuations and good finances, the probability of its stock doubling in 3 to 5 years is high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back