Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by PimTac
The markets are still showing strong resilience in spite of everything being thrown at them. Another positive day here with about 30 minutes left.

So imagine what they will do when the headwinds die down.

Originally Posted by cjcride
Originally Posted by PimTac
The markets are still showing strong resilience in spite of everything being thrown at them. Another positive day here with about 30 minutes left.

So imagine what they will do when the headwinds die down.

I suspect that is being priced in now.

But winter has to come sometime... Natural cycle.

I find it incredible how the markets have ceased to have any connection to real economy. It's just being pumped with printed money.

Originally Posted by Alfred_B
I find it incredible how the markets have ceased to have any connection to real economy. It's just being pumped with printed money.

The markets are connected to the real economy. They are connected to the real economy that is 6-12-18 months out. The market is "forward looking". The reverse is true, the experts say "buy on the rumor and sell on the news".

Printed money is real money. It spends just the same as the money of 10 years ago.

2.5 M jobs ADDED in May! Whowouldathunkkit?

Futures soar 500 points! BOOM!

I hope the critics won't come and say is "not real" or whatever.

2.5M and counting Americans believe it! More to come!

Originally Posted by gfh77665
2.5 M jobs ADDED in May! Whowouldathunkkit?

Futures soar 500 points! BOOM!

I hope the critics won't come and say is "not real" or whatever.

2.5M and counting Americans believe it! More to come!

This report is huge. The so called experts were calling for 19.5% unemployment. Instead we get 13.3%.

The markets love it.

They should. Warren Buffet has repeatably said "Don't bet against America". Glad I dumped my entire bond portfolio into the diversified market back on March 18 when panic was everywhere.

pretty much sold everything today. got great dividend from MAC today. They decided to pay 80% stock 20% cash and valued the stock at only 7.29 last week, sold for 11.45 today. It is a great week!

I sold about 40% of my portfolio today to lock in the gains. I am still rather agressive for age 56, with roughly 60% equity, 30% bonds, 10% cash composition.

I have not done it yet but I'll be decreasing my stock allocation from 30% to 20% and call good enough.

The Fed money has not really gotten to the working man but it does make it to the stock market very fast. This top down approach has never work and never will but it works for their friends at the banks, investment houses and other friends at corporations.

At some point this will end, but I do not have a magic ball so 20% is good enough for me: If I where to loose this money, it will just be a blip on the portfolio.

I've almost recovered the losses for the year. But what I'm seeing in the market doesn't make sense at all. The stimulus was pumped to recover stock prices while very little was allocated elsewhere. All I'm seeing is storefronts shutting down and unemployment going up.

Not sure how long the stocks can go up until the stock market bailout runs out without improvement in real economy.

Originally Posted by Alfred_B
I've almost recovered the losses for the year. But what I'm seeing in the market doesn't make sense at all. The stimulus was pumped to recover stock prices while very little was allocated elsewhere. All I'm seeing is storefronts shutting down and unemployment going up.

Not sure how long the stocks can go up until the stock market bailout runs out without improvement in real economy.

That might depend on where you live. Nationally, unemployment numbers are looking positive based on the recent jobs report.

The stock market is a forward looking industry.

The stock market bump is based on the May jobs report showing 2.5 million jobs gained instead of the 8 million job losses the "Egg-spurts" were all predicting.

Today, the SP500 reclaimed its 2020 high, at 3,232.

Absolutly STUNNING considering the painic of 2.5 months ago.

I have made more money in the past 2.5 months than I have ever made in the same time frame. I took profits on Friday.
For all the gnashing of teeth about it being "not real' or whatever, it sure looks real sitting in my cash account.

Originally Posted by ripcord
The stock market bump is based on the May jobs report showing 2.5 million jobs gained instead of the 8 million job losses the "Egg-spurts" were all predicting.

thumbsup2.gif

Of course unemployment numbers are looking better. States are starting to open up.
Most of the jobs are restaurant, which were among the hardest hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back