Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by gfh77665
He says there is ample tools still left in the Fed tool kit, and they will not rest until the recovery is as full as possible.

It's called printing money; that's what they do.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
He says there is ample tools still left in the Fed tool kit, and they will not rest until the recovery is as full as possible.

Give everyone that made less than $100K 2X (tax free) their reported 2018 income, and make laws that products can't go up more than 2% in the next year. That should get it going, lol . Without bailouts, this crash in the economy wouldn't recover very fast all all. might take a few years.

Maybe so. If so, a significant sum is going into my accounts via the markets.
thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, a significant sum is going back, but still not back to where it was before it left.

Like they say in sports, it's an ugly way to win, but we'll take it.

thumbsup2.gif

Glad things are going your way...
How's your YTD? How far are you from the peak?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Originally Posted by Ws6
I took Warren Buffet's advice. I bought a strong company that I believe is run well, has good balance sheets, projects positive cashflow for 2020 and 2021, and has good leadership.

Sounds like AMZN.

No, I ALSO bought the trend, lol! So far my $2635 has turned into $4289. In the next 1-5 years I am projecting $20-50K out of it. Not a bad investment for such a small sum of seed money! AMZN just doesn't have that much room to grow t hat fast, and I also happen to be a tiny bit impatient, wanting a pay-off/cash out in the 1-2 year range, ideally.

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Ws6
I took Warren Buffet's advice. I bought a strong company that I believe is run well, has good balance sheets, projects positive cashflow for 2020 and 2021, and has good leadership.

Sounds like AMZN.

No, I ALSO bought the trend, lol! So far my $2635 has turned into $4289. In the next 1-5 years I am projecting $20-50K out of it. Not a bad investment for such a small sum of seed money! AMZN just doesn't have that much room to grow t hat fast, and I also happen to be a tiny bit impatient, wanting a pay-off/cash out in the 1-2 year range, ideally.

Classic chicken before the egg thinking.

Have you thought about taking a loan against that projection to fund a margin account? .... (That is not advice)

The stimulus and fed actions in this particular situation is like trying to put out a major house fire with a garden hose. This economy will take many months to pan out.

The news on Gilead drug bumped the market above my call of 24500+-. Unless the market is infused with regular upbeat news we know it will sell off. Could it do a double top off of January highs? Anything is possible, however, structurally the market can't support it based on current conditions. Typical setups on avalanche is massive sell then a wave up that stalls then another avalanche to test the lows. Could this be different? Maybe. I have been through enough of these setups on a daily basis to understand the move.

Typical scenario: Investor thinks he bought on the bottom congratulates himself on a job well done. Holds. Market starts to move opposite. Profits start to deplete. Fear of selling since the market will come back starts to justify profit loss. Tries to average in expecting a bounce. Once was a significant profit now quickly turns into a heavy loss. Ponders whether to sell now. Tell self can't do it now it will bounce. Doesn't bounce. Fear takes hold and the losses now become astronomical. We then get another huge wave of selling and the investor can't take the pain anymore. Sells. The people waiting on the sidelines patiently swoop in and the market takes off.

Typical scenario: Investor thinks he bought on the bottom congratulates himself on a job well done. Holds. Market starts to move opposite. Profits start to deplete. Fear of selling since the market will come back starts to justify profit loss. Tries to average in expecting a bounce. Once was a significant profit now quickly turns into a heavy loss. Ponders whether to sell now. Tell self can't do it now it will bounce. Doesn't bounce. Fear takes hold and the losses now become astronomical. We then get another huge wave of selling and the investor can't take the pain anymore. Sells. The people waiting on the sidelines patiently swoop in and the market takes off.

Yep. Excellent explanation when people get tunnel vision and don't head for the exit.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Ws6

Sounds like AMZN.

Classic chicken before the egg thinking.

Have you thought about taking a loan against that projection to fund a margin account? .... (That is not advice)

No, this is a intermediate timeframe strategy to turn $2625 into $15-25K at least, and if it succeeds I will be happy, and if it fails, I would bet $2625 that I'll at least get my money back. It is a cheap course in "stock marketing 101", as well as an attempt to become more world aware, and to test my mettle and ability to properly research and execute said plan.

Glad things are going your way...
How's your YTD? How far are you from the peak?

+17%!

I de-risked about 5 months ago. I went to all bonds, T-bills, and cash equivalents. After the market hit "limit down" for the third time (March 18), I dumped 75% of my holdings back into the market.

SP500 soaring past 3000, Dow soaring past 25,000!

BOOM!

What's up goes down and then back up and repeats a couple times. Up yesterday ending up down and down today ending up.

But happy days are here again, at least for a little while.

I still have long positions in my trading account. My other investments are in safer places until the signal to buy is there. We have a long way to go before that happens. In the meantime take what the market gives.

The markets are still showing strong resilience in spite of everything being thrown at them. Another positive day here with about 30 minutes left.

Originally Posted by Amkeer

So your premise is, that the lows of a few months ago will not hold, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back